18

The night goes on as jazz music hits the stage and we gather Derek's friends that helped us get ready on to the dance floor. Smooth jazz, and the kind that says 'If you don't move to the beat, get off' were filling my ears. A man climbs up on the stage and taps his microphone to get our attention, His smile is bright and he seems to be having a great time as well.

"Hello everybody! I have an announcement to make, more like a giveaway. The ticket for the drawing yes!" There was a drawing? I look over to Derek and he hands me a ticket, the number read '5039' and I kept my fingers crossed as the man pulled a ticket out of the bucket his partner held to him.

"Could we get a drum roll for the draw?" He nods his way to the drummer, who rolls his sticks against a drum. "The first one is..'5057'." He yells and a lady with the red dress that I tried on came up to the stage holding up her ticket. We applaud for her and her prize was her dress and a coupon for the jewelry next door.

The second winner was a man with a blue tux and his hair was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It was white with blue tips that matched his tux. He won his suit including a one hundred dollar gift card Menards, he was so happy and I was surprised by how many people were laughing as he danced off of the stage.

My luck ran out as the last person got called winning another gift card worth a much bigger price. Derek took my hand and walked me to the man presenting the prizes I looked at Derek, confused so I tried to be non-chalant with it. "Ah yes, Derek let's announce that in about..ten minutes." The man explains and walks back up to the stage.

"Derek what did he mean about tha-" I got cut off by the man laughing with the music fading in the background. "In about ten minutes we will be doing something special, It's new this year, but we will see how it all works out!" I am still confused by the time he walks down from the stage and Derek hands him his ticket. "Make me a lucky man, Rico!" Derek says and the man named Rico laughs pointing at him as he walks away.

"What was all that about?" He turns to me and gets close to my ear as if he's going to whisper something to me. "Don't worry about it, he's an old friend of mine," He kisses the spot behind my ear and a chill is sent down my spine. "I just hope it'll be our lucky night." A grin is plastered on his face and I just wanna kiss it of.

Ten minutes pass and Rico is back on stage, waving his hands to the crowd. "Alright, well this year, we haven't been seeing as much people as we thought we would. But, thank the lord that the man who made the posters put the thing I'm about to introduce to you on it! I just spoke to one of my dear friends, who I haven't seen in a long long while, and I look at him and think to myself, what has life done to him! He is all grown up!" Rico laughs as he looks at Derek. Derek waves his hand over to him and Rico waves back.

"Anyway, he gave me his ticket, telling me to make him a lucky man tonight so I'm gonna see if he gets it. The prize is going to be announced after I know if he gets it, so without further ado....drum roll please!" He turns to the man at the drum and he lets a roll play as before.

"Well, well, well, Taylor, You are indeed a lucky man tonight!" My eyes literally pop out of my head as the light shines on us and confetti is dropped down on us. Derek pulls me onto the stage, holding my arm tight. "Rico my man, what did we get?" Derek says while smiling at me. We? What is going on?!

"Derek, you have won a three week trip on the Royal Caribbean!!!" The crowd goes wild as more confetti and fireworks are thrown down from above. My head is spinning from the excitement and I can't believe he won that. Derek's mouth falls open as he is presented two tickets for the cruise. "I know you got your boy at home, but I think you should take this lovely lady with you." Rico smiles at me and I can't close my mouth so I cover my mouth with my hand.