21

"What the hell was that?" I say, not sure of what just happened.

Derek is out of breath, probably from trying to get me to wake up. "I thought you were dead." What? He better not be joking or I will go psycho. "What do you mean?" I'm beginning to get a little scared. "You didn't have a pulse, for like a minute! I was terrified, what the hell happened?" I don't know if I want to talk about it, I just really don't want to remember it.

"I had a terrible dream that I don't want to repeat." My timing of words was terrible. "It was a dream? Like did it have anything with you dying!" I shake my head and sigh.

"It wasn't me that died, it was Drake." Derek looks at me with wide eyes and I sigh.

...

"So your saying that you killed Drake while trying to save me! What kind of night mare, dream do you call that!" I roll my eyes at him and he scoffs. "You think I'm a danger to you?" His eyes go from the wall to mine, wide and curious. "Care. It was a dream, a pretty damn scary one, but still, your not a danger. Yes you had a dream that made you die for a minute but that doesn't mean that I will get hurt because of it." He doesn't get it.

"I'm scared Derek, I'm scared that I will hurt you if it happens again. I don't know that because now that I've got it stuck in my head that I killed my ex husband, I could sleep walk any moment and just... I don't know, kill someone!" This whole thing seems like something that would happen in a supernatural movie. I'm getting a little ahead of myself and it needs to stop.

"Stop saying that!" He yells. His voice booms through my head and I cringe at his gesture. He's right, I don't need this and neither does he. "I'm sorry.. I just hate seeing you like this. It scares me too, your the one I have to look out for right now. You showed me that, and I love you for that. But if you go around and tell me that your going to hurt me. If your trying to scare me off it's not working, your just going to make me grow closer to you." His hands hold my face and I look up at him with worry eyes.

"I'm not trying to scare you off, I'm just scared after that dream. It felt so real, I literally twisted that blade in his sto-"

"Okay, I don't need to know everything."

'Actually, you do. Because before all of the crazy stuff happened, it was perfect." His hands leave my face but he doesn't leave my stare. "What do you mean perfect?" I look over to the kitchen and get up from the bed. I walk out of the room and into the kitchen, fingering everything that I can remember. Smoothing my fingertips along the cabinets and the table top.

"You were making dinner in here, Steak and your delicious mashed potatoes, and I came into the room to help you. I grabbed a knife from the drawer, followed by a cup from up here." I pointed to the cabinet where the box had fell. "A little red squared box fell, right here next to my foot. I looked down at it and picked it up. You catching along?" He nods his head and leans against the bar.

"Then you sighed and grabbed it from me. You bent down on one knee and..." My mind trailed off in thought as he stared at me. "What did you say, when I.." I came back to reality and looked at him, I could feel my eyes glossing. "I can't remember." I lied.

"Oh, this is going to get very awkward isn't it?" We both burst out into laughter, forgetting the last five minutes. "Well let's hope not." I smiled and gave him a kiss. He hugged me and whispered in my ear "Your beautiful."

"I am going to get ready, I have a class today. I had one while you were gone, but I didn't really pay attention." He sighs and kisses my head. "go get ready before you miss yet another day." I turn away to go get ready and I get a little kick in my but from his leg. I look back at him and he gives me a devilish grin. His lips are tucked into his teeth and I run into the room before I get pulled in any further.