27

Its only been three days and I feel like I'm going insane. I have been asking myself why he would just leave like that with a note? How could he do that. If he loved me, he would've stayed and waited for me to come out of the room.

"Alyssa! Wren! Come get some breakfast." The kids have been so close to me. Poor Wren doesn't know what went down with his own father. I still can't believe that he would just leave him hear and expect me to take care of him. I do have a kid too Derek.

I walk over to the door and knock on it. I got the chills when I remembered Derek knocking on it. My hand laid flat against the door when it swing open. "We are.." Alyssa starts to yell as she sees me. "Mom.." She says and grabs my hand. Who knew that a four year old could give so much comfort. I look down at her, as soon as I see her face, a tear rolls down my cheek. I kneel down next to her and smile, trying to hide my sadness. "Is my dad Home yet?" Wren asks. I shake my head as more tears fall down. this was a lot easier then the first day.

"Okay," I breathe. "let's go eat." Alyssa doesn't let go of my hand as we walk into the kitchen. The doorbell rang. "Caroline.. Its me. I need to talk to you.." It couldn't be Derek so that was crossed off the list. Jake? I was unsure when I looked through the window. The man had to police men by him and I knew who it was. I guess I could say I was safe so I opened the door.

"What.. Do you want?" I look at both men as he stood right between them. "I need just five minutes, please." The door was slightly opened, when I opened it further, they all stepped in.

"Drake. I'm done with your crap. You put me through enough and right now this isn't the best time." The door to Alyssa's room opens and I look over. "Please go back In there don't come ou..." And they don't listen.

"Dad?" She questions and my heart thumps as Drake looks at her and Alyssa walks towards us. "Not really anymore.." He's right. "She could've been yours if you didn't screw up so badly." Four minutes, he better make this quick or I'm having those men drag him out by his ears. "I know I did! Don't you think I don't hate myself enough as it is?" I look down at Alyssa and scoot her to her room. "No, and I don't care. I have a better life now, and I don't need you to tell me wrong." Just as I thought nothing could get worse, Wren steps out of the room. Dammit..

"Who's that?" Five. I move over to him and push him to the direction of the door. "It doesn't matter your times up. Take him out please, and feel free to never come back!" I yell as they push him into the car. I slam the door shut and fall down, leaning up against it. Five minutes later I hear a knock. "I said don't come bac-" Oh..

"Bailey.. Where have you been?" She scoffs and rolls her eyes, entering the house. "More like where have you been? By the way, you look like shit. What happened?" She scans around the room, I suppose looking for Derek. "He won't be.. Coming back anytime soon. I have just been busy taking care of my kid, and the one he left me with." Her eyes grow wide and I can feel mine becoming glossy.

"He's..gone? Where did he go? And he just left Wren here with you?" She steps towards me and sits me down on the couch. "We got into a fight. More like he freaked out because of Wren, and accidentally took it out on me. He didn't mean to. The next thing I know, I'm in my now half empty room, left with a letter." Don't cry, don't cry..

"Care.." She says and I wave my hands letter her know its okay but really its not. Don't cry! Don't...cry. The tears roll down my face. The feeling burns as it had before. "I say I'm okay but I'm not! I'm not okay! I don't know how to do this, because I never had to!" I sit back down and cry. She hugs my and I give in, crying on the shoulder I need the most right now.

"So where could he be?" She asks. "What? No, we can't go looking for him, he will defiantly never want to come back." She rolls her eyes and puts the pen down that she had. "Fine. You don't want your man back? Suit yourself." I sigh. "That's not making me feel any better Bailey."