45

"Don't tell yourself that.. it's not.. your fault." He coughed, clutching his stomach. "I promised you! And I wasn't there." He smiled with his eyes closed. "I'm not going to get mad right now, but your pissing me off." I laugh.

"I'm so happy your still here." He grabbed my hand and smiled. "Me too. These stitches and fluids on my body are gonna be weird for a while." We laughed. I turned around to find Candice walking in. "I'm just here to talk!" She holds her hands up. "Yeah well the last time you just "had to talk", you almost killed my brother!" Isaac touched my shoulder, calming me down.

"What do you want?" He spat, sounding irritated.

"I know sorry isn't gonna repair what I did to you, but I wanted to say goodbye. I'm leaving tonight, and you won't have to hear from me anymore." He tried to situate himself. I held a hand above his chest, he doesn't need to move. "What do you mean leaving?"

"I'm not killing myself. You know me well enough to not do that." Is he having doubts?? "Do I?" She gives him a look like stating that he's playing dumb. "Okay, your leaving, cool! Nobody will miss you, bye!!" I said shoving her out of the door. I slammed the door shut, turning around.

"heartless bitch.." I mumbled under my breath. "I heard that." His voice was choked I grabbed a glass and filled it with water in the bathroom, handing it to him. "I'm guessing your throat hurts from screaming?"

"I didn't scream?" Whoops, forgot he was knocked out. I slowly turned the other way, pretending like it didn't happen. "Caroline.." He stammered. "I may not be able to get out of this bed and go after you, but I can still make you listen." I groaned and sat down in the chair by his night stand.

"Listen," He said swallowing. "I know you hate Cat- Candice, but.. I'm still not over her.. yes! I know she tried to kill me, but I just want to know if it was true between us. She said it wasn't, but I want to know the truth." My eyes were mere seconds away from plopping to the ground.

I snapped my tongue and turned my head to the side. "Alrighty then.." I didn't want to speak.

"Even after everything she's put you through? All the lies? The betrayal?" He sighs and looks up at the ceiling. "I know it's a bad thing! But I did love her at one point." He brushes his hands over his face. "So much has happened Isaac, I don't even want to think about you making amends with her. She tried to kill you?! Why can't you see she is no good for you?"

"I'm sure if you were in this situation, you'd be saying the same thing!" I heard the door open. "Actually," I paused seeing that mom was coming in. "I'd make sure to never see her again." I walked past my mom, walking out of the room and slamming the door behind me.

"It didn't go well? Cause I just saw miss striker stalk her way out of here." I sighed, pushing my hands in my butt pockets. "Derek, Isaac still believes there's a chance for them.. Even though she put him through so much, he still loves her." I heard a little giggle escape his lips.

"Just how much stupid could my brother get?" He groans and caresses both sides of my faces, sighing loudly. "I'm sorry. For everything.." I looked at him with curiosity.

"I left to talk to her, but I really didn't talk to her.." He let go and pulled out his phone. "I'm got this message, I'm assuming from my dad." He held the phone into my vision, containing the message.

*We need to speak with you. I have answers you haven't figured out from Candice yet, and they are important. Including your memory loss.*

I looked away from it. Who in their right mind would send some text like that anonymously? "You think its your dad.." I shook my head, trying to make sense of it. "That doesn't seem like someone your dad would say, even if he was capable of saying it."