28

*Caroline's point of view*

The door bursts open and I scream. Derek.. He rushes to my side and I feel tears falling on my face. "I'm so sorry Care, I promise I will never leave you again. I'm so sorry." He wails and my eyes slowly close as the drug kicks in. I'm hallucinating. It's not real.. It's not real..

I feel the weight being lifted off my body. The next thing I know is that my vision went black. I can think but not do anything. I think that man put way to much in my veins to make me black out. All I care now is that I'm finally in Derek's arms.

*Derek's point of view*

I run to her side on the bed as she screams. ripping the tape off must of hurt by the way she flinched. "I'm so sorry Care, I promise I will never leave you again. I'm so sorry." My tears fall on her and I pick her up. I hold her in my arms as I bring her down the stairs.

The men behind me get a ride in the officers car. The guy who attempted to rape her got arrested so I left and went Home. "I'm here now Caroline, its okay." I tell her as I set her in the passenger seat and lay it back so she doesn't fly everywhere. As I pull into the drive way I get ready to shut the car off. "I'm just thinking it, its not real.. Your not real." I hear her mumble. I sigh and get out of the car. "Come on, your going to bed." I sniffle and carry her into the house.

Dammit, I forgot the kids were Home. What am I gonna do, let them see her like this and say 'Hey I'm Home!' I can't do that. I decided to just run for it and go into the room. I'll grab my stuff from the car later.

I laid her down on the bed, examining her face. She looks so peaceful, now that she's actually sleeping. The dumb Fuck injected her with that drug, God I wanna kill him! My fingers roamed her cheeks and soon enough her eyes were fluttering. She's dreaming...

I quickly got her in my t-shirt and shorts she wore that night I snuck in to see her. Her beauty had been something I had grown used to. She was perfect to me even if she couldn't see it. I loved her, so much. I vowed to myself I would never leave this women again. Because she was my other half. It was a part that I now needed or I couldn't stand. If I didn't have her, I didn't have me.

*Caroline's point of view*

My eyes flutter open and I groan at the sunlight in my face. It hurt and I didn't know why. What the hell happened last night? I struggled to remember and so I walked into the bathroom. I splashed some water in my face and brushed my teeth. I didn't hear the kids in the living room so I went to check. Grabbing my glass of water, I walked into the living room. I stopped in my tracks at the sight in front of me and dropped the glass.

"Derek?" I say and just then, I almost faint. "Hi." Is all he says and I walk towards him as he sets the spoon down instead of throwing it. The towel that laid along his shoulder was tossed behind him and he runs to me. I gasp as I'm lifted into his arms. I struggle pound on his chest but it wouldn't budge, he was holding me now. The tears shed and it doesn't take long until I lecture him. "Why did you go.. I missed you so much.." He shushed me and pets my hair. My arms were against his chest and my hands were in fists as I cried and pounded lightly on it, struggling as I'm crying. "Shh, I know. I'm here now..its alright." He says into my hair and the crying doesn't stop as I try to pound him harder in the chest.

"Don't you ever leave me like that again. I can't believe you did that." I cried and hit him harder in the chest. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise." He tightens the embrace as I sob. "I hate you, I hate you so much.." He held me so tightly, it was hard to breathe. "I know, I know you do.. Shhh." He moved back as I sob and looks deep in my eyes. "Look at me.. Care, look at me. I'm so sorry I left like that. But look, I'm better now. I have medication, I got help Care.. I got help and now I'm better.." His hands held my face as he explained to me. I have so many questions to ask him..