2

When I was about 7, I remembered when we had just moved into a new house, my mom had gotten a new job opportunity. It was a lot to take. Moving out of a house you made your first memories in. The first time you spoke, your first steps, it meant so much to my parents.

It's the same thing for Alyssa. Ever since the incident with Drake's playroom for her happened, we've decided to start fresh and move out. Anything that Drake left behind, he can go back and get it himself I don't want anything to do with him.

We had her third birthday at my parents house, when they actually firdt met her. Of course, she loved them. I also explained why Drake wasn't with us, and it felt good to get it out of my head, instead of being locked in a cage tearing everything J had to get out of my mouth.

The next day, we decided it would be best if we went to Bailey. I had buckled Alyssa in her seat, giving her the toy she always carried around. My phone buzzed as I got into the driver's seat.

I had two suggestions in who it was: Bailey, or of course, Drake. If it was Bailey I would tell her I'm on my way, but if it was Drake. Would I pick it up? Would I let it ring?

I leaned over to see who it was, and it was Drake.

I knew I could ignore it. But what I didn't know, was if he would come looking for me. I was being stubborn with letting Alyssa sit there, so I pulled out of the driveway from our new house, and made our way to Bailey's house.

As we got into Bailey's drive way, I was getting thoughts thrown into my head. What will Bailey think? Will she be mad?

When I turned the car off, we just sat there in silence. "Mommy who that?" I was frozen in place by her words. "Just gramma." I was glad she believed me, or I might of had to tell her the truth. Not yet, I couldn't tell her. I wouldn't. We got out of the car, and as I got my things, I saw Alyssa standing there frozen in place.

Drake. He stood there as of nothing happened, and we were a happy family. He had that look on his face that was sort of-apologetic. "Is she?" All I wanted to do now was run inside with Alyssa and be with her and Bailey. I grabbed a hold of Alyssa. Her shoulders touching my side.

I built the courage up and stood up straight. "Yes, this is my daughter." I had so much pride in myself I couldn't believe it. The expression on his face darkened. As he moved his lips to speak my knees shook.

"Your daughter?!" I looked down at her, and she looked up at me. Alyssa then slide her body around me so that she was standing right behind me.

"Yes.."

He laughed, turning around then looking back at me. "She's mine too, don't you remember? I fucked you to get that thing!" I covered her ears nonchalantly. He should know better.

"You left me.." He pointed a finger at me, tilting his head in anger.

"For the better I guess!" His words stabbed me, square in the chest. "She doesn't belong to you Drake. You weren't there for me when I needed you the most."

"Damn right she belongs to me! I'm the fricken father!" I shook my head, biting my bottom lip.

"Who had to wake up in the middle of the night? Who had to drag themselves down the stairs and make sure she didn't fall over. Me! Who had to find words and be able to say them to the cops? Huh? Me! Who had to deliver her all alone? Me! You weren't there to see her, you weren't there to see her first steps. Oh no, don't you put it all on me. When you left me alone, you just poured yourself all the drinks you could take until you passed out!"

I was so angry, I wanted to grab the nearest object (which was a shovel) and smack him in the head with it. "I don't care, we aren't divorced yet and I came here to see my daughter and all I get is a lecture?!" This was the end of it, I was done. "Are you kidding me?! You deserve a lecture, you left me alone while I was in labor?! I will never forgive you for tha-" right as I tried to finish Bailey came running out. Hey! Hey wha-" she noticed Alyssa and froze.

"I'll explain everything inside, when we leave this stranger alone and see how he likes it. Let's go you two ." As I turned away from Drake I said one last thing, the last thing I would ever say to him in a long time. "Oh, and Drake? If you want the rest of your stuff is at the old house. I've got my own now." The we all turned away from the dreadful man that lead to a disgusting past, and moved forward in the house.

I looked back one last time at Drake and he was on his knees. Good riddance. I couldn't believe I'm living the rest of my life without him, it just seems so surreal. Everything that he has put me through, I am one hundred percent grateful that he left in the first place.

Bailey was going to yell at me, there was no arguments on that.

I became nervous as I walked into Bailey's apartment. She looks at me and I didn't know what to say as she looks back between me and Alyssa. Her eyes fixed on Alyssa, making her clutch the end of my shirt. I pet her head, trying to make her calm down. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought it would be.