56

"My parents would like to talk to you." I held the phone to Derek's ear, he smiled taking in his own. I could hear my moms loud voice from here, I laughed and covered my mouth.

"Thank you." Derek responded, he looked so nervous.

After he hung up, His hands found my hips, pulling me towards him for a kiss. I was shocked at his sudden movement, he was just in a good mood and I wasn't going to be the one to ruin it. "We should probably go get the kids from the playroom." We were lucky they had supervisors there or we wouldnt've brought them there in the first place.

"Right, I was so caught up in this I forgot they were in there." I laughed and held onto his hand as we walked to the playroom. We cornered the halls, going down through it with doors full of patients on each side. One room we passed, had a cancer patient, and was crying loudly, probably getting bad news.. Derek tensed up, squeezing my hand. "You okay?" He sighed, and pulled me closer. Derek doesn't like hospitals?

"Yeah, just got the chills." I looked up at him, he smiled down at me. Alyssa was playing with the Lego's, and we couldn't find Wren. "He was playing the game." She said. I cornered the room, finding him asleep on the couch. I smiled and kneeled down next to his face, brushing the hair away from his face. "Wren.." I whispered.

"Is he over here?" I heard Derek say. Turning around he looked down at his son and chuckled. "Poor kid, he's probably exhausted." I smiled and stood up. Derek moved to my spot and tapped on his nose. "Wren." Wren's eyes fluttered open and he gave Derek a pouted look. "I'm still tired."

"We're going home, you can rest on the way there and we can all go to sleep when we go home." He simply nodded and got up. As we walked to the parking lot, we saw Pearl and thanked her again, saying goodbye. Derek and I buckled the kids in at the same time, like usual and drove back home.

Surprisingly it was only noon by the time we pulled into the driveway. Both Wren and Alyssa were sleeping, which was easier for us. I carried Alyssa and Derek carried Wren, and we walked inside, and put them both straight to bed. I met Derek in the kitchen, and he had two glasses of champagne out on the counter.

"Celebrating?" I asked. He smiled, leaning back from the counter. "Something like that." He said, moving closer to me. Heat rose in me, making me nervous. "Cheers?" He said, holding his glass up. I smiled, grabbing mine.

"Cheers." I said, clanking my cup against his and taking a sip. "Not a lot of that for you though." He rolled his eyes and nodded.

-

I couldn't stop laughing. I was clearly drunk, and so was Derek. "You snorted, and that was too funny." He said cringing his nose. I laughed along with him, catching myself snorting again. "Come here," He cooed, pulling me to him. He kissed me lightly, then spinned me around, bringing me back to his body as he swayed. He closed his eyes, humming to a tune I did not know.

When he opened his eyes again, he looked directly at me, no expression. Lifting me onto the counter, he kissed my neck, making me giggle. His arms hugged my waist, lifting me up so my legs wrapped around his hips. He kissed me tenderly, walking with no way of seeing, nto the room. We stumbled onto the bed, laughing.

"You are too cute." He said, touching my nose. I blinked and pulled his lips to mine.

-

"Wow," He said against my head. I placed my hand against his bare chest, feeling his heart beat rapidly. "Wow.." I mimicked back, smiling up at him. "I'm never gonna get old of this." He whispered in my ear. I got chills and shivered against his warm body. "I still have to get used to this." He laughed and kissed my cheek, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

"We're lucky it's getting late and the kids are in bed." I widened my eyes and laid back. "Here," He said and handed me a shirt of his and some underwear. I blushed and took them both, putting them on under the covers. He crawled back in next to me, sliding his cold hands around my waist. "Is that cold?" He noticed me shivering.

"Yeah." I laughed, he smiled and curled in to my chest. "I like you in my shirt." He murmered, I barely heard him. "Are you falling asleep on me?" I grinned when he gently pushed my head down, gesturing me to go to sleep. "Yes." He admitted. "Goodnight." We were both still a little drunk, but he was worse then me.

"Goddnight Mrs. Taylor." My eyes shot open and I froze. Mrs. Taylor..

I couldn't go to sleep that night. I knew he was a little tispey but it still threw me off. I didn't think he would ever call me that, not now at least. I truly didn't know what to think about it, so I just pushed the thought out of my head with everything I had, and tried to go to sleep.

The next morning I woke up with a massive headahce. I opened my eyes, and the sun didn't make it any better. "Asprin?" I jumped and saw Derek leaning over me, now blocking the sunlight. I covered my face and snuggled into his chest. "What?" He asked curling in with me. I giggled.

"My head hurts.. badly." He laughed and kissed my forehead climbing out of bed and walking out of the room. I laid back and closed my eyes. Exactly a minute later, Derek came back in with a tray full of food, and in his other hand, two cups of coffee.

"What is this?" I said in a tone telling him he didn't need to do this.

"A morning breakfast made with delicious flavor for the love of my life because she is just that amazing." He smiled cheesily, making me clap my hands together in laughter. "How long did this take?" I asked as he set the tray in front of me.

"About an hour, but I made it before you woke up obviously." I smiled and starred at the different foods in my lap. "Your going to help me eat this, you know that right?" He laughed and shook his head, leaning in and starring at me. "That's too bad, it looks really good." His hand rested upon his chin, and he sighed, smiling up at me.

"That's what I thought Taylor." He smiled and rubbed his thumb against my hand.