31

After we left the hospital, me and the kids got some McDonald's because it was the only thing that was open at this time. "What do you guys want?"I asked them. "Chicken nuggets!" They both screamed in unison.

"You know what they want?" I asked the speaker, he laughs and asks if that's it. I order a milkshake and drive up to the window. I pay for the food at the window and once I get the food I say thanks and drive away. They eat they're food as we drive into the neighborhood.

We pull into the driveway, and we throw away our garbage. Yes, I'm stuffed. I walk in the door, sighing. "We're home Derek." I prance into the too as the kids say goodnight and I open the door. The light was turned off so I switched it back on and gasped. Derek laid on the ground with a bottle of whiskey next to his hand. I ran next to him and shook him. "Derek wake up, wake up please." Yes he might've fainted, but if so, he would have karate chopped my wrist by now. "Come on Derek just wake up! ALYSSA!" I hear the door open but don't look back, I just keep trying to wake him up.

"Get my phone honey, quick." She runs to the desk and grabs my phone, hands it to me and I dial 911. I tell them as soon as they answer that my boyfriend is unconscious and I didn't know how long he has been out. After I ended the call I quickly called Isaac and told him to come help. Isaac arrived before the police did, and starting giving him CPR. "Please Derek, stay with us!" He tells as he pushes on his chest. The police arrive and take over, pushing and pushing simultaneously on his chest. Finally, he chokes and spits up leftover whiskey. He takes in a deep breath and struggles to get up. I crawl right next to him and hold his sweaty, yet tense head.

His hand gripped my leg as I caressed his forehead. "He's gonna be alright, right?" Isaac asks the police. "Yes, he just so happened to choke, while sipping some of the whiskey, and then just fainted. He will be fine, are you guys alright here now?" We nod in unison and they leave. "I'll stay for a while to calm him down." I don't argue because I just don't have the energy for it. This whole week has been tiring for me and I just want a break. I want to leave early for California. "The wedding is next week right?" I ask and he doesn't respond and places a wet rag over Derek's forehead. I noticed the dry blood on his knuckles and become curious. "Isaac, is everything alright?" He sighs and wipes his hands on his pants. "The weddings off."

"What? Wait what happened?" I could see the tears well up in his eyes and for a mere second I thought I saw one drop but I was just seeing things. "She left, and I have no idea where she is. She won't return my calls or answer my texts at all, and I'm worried."

"If she's seeing someone else?" I butt in even though its not my place. "Yeah.." Then the tears fell and I scooted over to him and hugged him. "How are you going to tell mom and dad? If you don't want to, I can?" He sobs and wipes his eyes with his palm. "No. I'm not bringing you into this situation, its my problem and I don't want you to worry about me all the time." By the time I respond Derek's eyes flutter open and I move towards him. "Hey.." I say in a somewhat cheery voice when he looks up at me. "Ahhh, my head." His hand meets the wet cloth and his eyes screw shut. "What the hell happened? I was laying in bed and.. Oh Shit." He groans again, I'm guessing from another migraine. "You drank, technically choked on your own spot, and fainted." He jerks up and looks at me funny.

"I did?" I chuckle and see his eyes turn to Isaac. "Hey Isaac.." He says and Isaac waves his hand up. "The weddings off Derek." I look over to Isaac to make sure he's making the right choice to go and tell everybody. "What happened?" Isaac explains to Derek about the whole situation and Derek seemed bumbed out. "Are we still going to Cali?" I question and he shrugs. "I guess so, I mean we already boomed the tickets so I guess we kinda have to." I smile at him and sigh.

As soon as Isaac leaves, I get into bed with Derek and we fall asleep until I feel a tapping on my shoulder. "Care?"

"Yeah?" I say with a croaked voice. "I'm sorry for drinking so much and scaring you." He scoots me closer to him and caresses my cheek. "Your fine Derek, its just been a long week." I don't think he is even listening. "Derek, are you even listening to me?" He is just looking in my eyes and caressing my face. I smile and wiggle out of his grip, it doesn't help cause he pulls me into a kiss and I can't resist it. "You can't get away from me Caroline." Drake's voice boomed through my ears and I started screaming.

"Caroline come on wake up." Is he trying to wake me up? I just woke him up and now he's doing the same, it looks like we are just going back and forth with each other. I open my eyes and breath heavily. "Care.." He says holding my face and breathes the same pace as me. "It was just a dream."

"I know, it was another Drake dream, he was you.." I squirm in disgust just thinking a out me kissing Drake. "Well your fine now, that's all that matters." He pulls me towards him and holds me tight as I try to sleep. "I love you." He says, my eyes are too heavy to respond so I close them and eventually fall asleep.

I felt someone kiss my cheek, so I opened my eyes to find a frisky Derek. His lips travel to my ears, then back down to my jaw. "Well Good morning?" He finally gives up and travels to my lips. "Morning." Wow, is he desperate this morning. I feel his hands creep under my body, soon enough I'm being lifted. "What?" He asks and I just keep staring at him. "What are you staring at?"

"You. who else would I do that to?" He looks around the room and smiles. "Someone who is ugly?" I laugh as he sets my down. I give him a kiss on his lips and head to the fridge. His arms wrap around my waist and spinned my around in the other direction. "I'm hungry!" I growl. "Too bad, your all mine." He lifts me up onto his hips and I wrap my legs around him, kissing him. "What's gotten into you today? Your..playful?" He laughs and continues to kiss me. "What can a man not be in a good mood with his girlfriend?" I smile at him then lay on his chest. His head leans against mine and I might just fall asleep there. God I love him so much, and its just the little things he does that make me so happy.

*Derek's point of view*

her legs are wrapped around me and I can't help but feel giddy. She isn't one to do this, neither am I. But you know, I wouldn't mind a few twists and turns in this relationship, I love her, and I will do anything to make her love me. My mind started to drift of when I looked at her hand. I felt anxious, but excited.

~flash back~

"Well I'm looking for, beautiful, but not too fancy." I asked the man, his black shirt and khakis made me wonder if it was a good idea to buy anything from him. I look at the one that is in my hand and I question myself on it. Could I see it on her? Could I see her wearing it? I put it down and looked at a different one.

"How about this one?" He said and held up a beautiful, yet not too fancy ring. "I love it. Its everything I was looking for, I mean look at it." I stand up with the ring in my fingers as the sunlight hits the diamond. I know this is the one, its perfect. "I'll take it." I said and he smiled and shut his brief case. He holds his hand out for me to shake it and I do so. "Thank you, and I hope she likes it."

"No, thank you. And I hope so too." I say staring at the engagement ring I had just bought.

*Caroline's point of view*

"What?" I ask him, he kept on kissing my hands and it got a little creepy, I didn't know what he was doing. "I love you, so much." He says. "I love you too." Its a good thing I'm awake now to say it, or I would be in trouble. "What do you say we go pack?" I look at him for a minute, then remember what he means. "Yeah, we probably should, we leave in like three days." With that, we walk hand in hand to the room and pack for ourselves.

"I'm gonna go get the kids packed." I say and walk out of the room. "Knock knock." I said and opened the door to Alyssa's room. "Oh, you guys are already packing." She smiled up at me, while folding her clothes nearly into her suit case. "We heard you guys we're going to, so we were."

"Alright, well tell me when your done." I turn to go out of the door and stop at the zipping of her suitcase. "Done." She smiles and I give her a stunned look. "Okay then, you ready to go, cause we are? How about you Wren?" He looks at me with wide eyes, then looks down back at his bag. I walk over to him and he sighs. "I'm not even close.." His face was priceless when I told him we were leaving. I helped him get ready and soon enough we were off.

"Alright is everyone ready to board?" My mom asks all of us. Isaac already told mom that the wedding was off, she cried a lot. We decided to still go because we didn't want to waste the tickets. "Okay, Isaac, Caroline, Derek, Wren, Alyssa, and Tom." She says, patting on our heads as we passed her into the plane.

We all find our seats with me next to the window. Followed by Derek Wren and Alyssa. Mom, Dad, and Isaac sat in front of us. There are kids behind us screaming and crying I instantly got a headache. This is going to be a long ride.