20 - caroline's dream

**Caroline's Dream/ Imagination**

I walk into the kitchen and Derek is cooking his famous steak and mashed potatoes. I grab the knife from him and start cutting up the carrots. I can tell he needed a break so I took over. "Where is the steak knives?" I ask and he points to the drawer near the dishwasher. I grab the knives and reach up from above me to get a cup. I hear something hit the floor and I freeze.

Derek stops what he is doing and looks at the floor. When I look down I notice a red squared box on it's side near my foot. "Oh my god." I manage to say, and I am now picking the box up from the floor as my hands shake from my grip.

"Caroline, I didn't go and see Charlene's parents that weekend." My eyes start to water and I can't speak so I stay silent. Derek sighs taking in the moment and standing in front of me. He takes the box from me and bends down on one knee. My vision is going blank, hurry up Derek.

"It's been a long journey with us, Me and you. I want to make this right and start over. For the longest time, I thought I wouldn't find the one after Charlene, but you came along and I can't repay that. So Care, will you do the honor of being my wife?"

This is not happening, I can't believe this is happening. After everything we have been through to get here, I didn't think we would get this far. Before I know it, I'm in his arms saying yes. His arms pick me up and spin me in the air. If I could, I would never leave this moment.

...

I'm going nuts as I'm trying to get ready for this party. I can't have it be this fancy. "Could you take down the balloons in that corner, I just don't want it too fancy. Bailey!" My stress level can only go so high and it's about to overflow.

"Yeah? What's up." I pace around her and try to keep it on the down low. I stop and fan my face, covering the sweat that is falling down my forehead. "I thought it was supposed to be small. How many people are coming?" She plays with her fingers and I roll my eyes and sigh.

The bachelorette party begins and it turned out to be quite the catch. My old friends from high school came, followed by my mom and her neighbor. This is embarrassing. More of Bailey's friends showed up and she introduced me as the bride to be. This is going to be more nerve wracking than I thought.

"Kelly! I didn't know you were coming!" I pull her into a hug and she laughs. "I know, my best friend Bailey over there did everything, It's too fancy." We both laugh. We are then seated at a small round table with me, Bailey, Kelly, My mother and her friend Rachael. The announcer up on stage said there will be a auction in the other room. I look over at Bailey who is fiddling with her fingers once again.

As the night goes on, everybody is either drunk or getting there. Me for one, I only had two drinks. Bailey put too much into this party. There was a little group of people that left with a taxi and another that didn't have anything to drink so they drove home.

The party finally came to an end with me drunk as hell and knowing that Derek will not want to deal with me when he returns. I grab a taxi and head home with the crew picking up and cleaning everything without my assistance. I felt bad but I was drunk, that's my excuse.

The door barges open and Derek comes tumbling into the room, falling on his knees. He gets up and shuts the door behind him, crawling to the bed. "How was...your party?" He asked and I can already feel the headache growing in the back of my head.

He drank too much. After he had told me he's trying to quit completely, but it was his bachelor party so I will let him get away this time. That goes for me too. "It was..interesting,you?" He shakes his head and I giggle as he tries to get up from the floor. I knew it was a bad idea to throw a party for the both of us.

I lay in bed as Derek gets dressed, pulling his hot sweat pants up his legs and I look away. He climbs into bed carefully, snaking his arms around my waist and snuggling into my neck. If I would've known getting married to Derek Taylor was like this, I would have gotten married a long time ago.

I turn to look at my fiance and I can notice a different frame in the face. I reach up to turn on the lamp and look over at him.

"Hello darling." I scream as loud as I can, making sure the neighbors hear me. I quickly get up from my bed just before he can catch me and run out. I get to the kitchen and there laid Derek, tied up with an apple in his mouth, screaming through it. I can barely see as I try to untie him before Drake runs out of the room. I hear footsteps as he is released from the rope.

"Get the hell out of our house!" Derek yells from across the room. I stand behind him and he gives me the knife that I cut the rope with. "Oh so it's your house, she lived in here before you came into her life." Drake says as he walks towards us. I try to make my way for the door to the kids' room but I can't at this moment.

Drake has a knife in his hand, the blade was shining, but what he didn't know is that I had one as well. I stepped away from Derek and pushed him away, letting me stab Drake where it hurt the most, other than the heart. His body lurched in and his mouth laid wide open, spilling blood out from his mouth.

"I would have had to do it either way, you would have killed one of us. It's called self defence Drake." I say as I twist the blade through his stomach, letting him fall to the floor. The knife falls from my hands and Derek is by my side instantly.

"Hello, yes Drake Hanson is in our house and my fiance used self defence on him. Yes, he is. I think." I look at my hands and they are shaking and covered in blood, his blood. I fall to the floor on my knees and my eyes are wide open. "She's just in shock, I don't know if it will last that long, but please come quick." He picks me up by my shoulders and guides me to the couch.

"I just killed Drake. I just killed my ex husband." Those were the only words I said until the cops came in the house getting everything prepared for inspection. My mind has rambled a lot, but not as much as this catastrophe. I had killed Drake Hanson.

...

I hear myself screaming as I come back to reality. Derek is shaking me and I can feel the sweat on my body. He sighs loudly and I look around the room. I'm in my room, it wasn't real.

"What the hell was that?" I say, not sure of what just happened.