3

"When were you gonna tell me that you had a kid?!" Bailey demanded.

"Well, when I found out I panicked and didn't even tell my parents right away." I had to tell her everything and I went on. "I was in labor that night you called me about wanting to see me. The reason why I never did was because I thought you would think I'm stupid for getting pregnant at the age of 19. I was alone that night you know."

I felt bad for Alyssa having to listen to the horrid loneliness of her birth. As I told Bailey everything, she began to grow closer to Alyssa. I was thankful for that. We caught up on each others lives and she had some pretty interesting stories.

When we laid Alyssa down to take a nap before we were gonna leave, I told her how frightened I was about driving home, so she offered to drive us home. I had also realized I lived about ten minutes away from her, but only in a different neighborhood.

Alyssa said her goodbye, and as we were walking up to the door Bailey yelled, "I'll bring your car tomorrow and then we will get ready for that small party we promised!" That's right, she decided to throw a 22nd birthday party for me because she hasn't seen me at least a full year.

"Mommy who was tall boy?" When ever Alyssa speaks, it reminds me of when she first spoke and now she's learning all these new words for a three year old. "Somebody I used to know, it's fine now.." I hated keeping all of this from her, I had to do something, but I have to wait until she's older, because Drake is her father.

-

Alyssa was in bed and I got a call from Bailey, she asked me if I wanted a German Shepard. I told her why not, because we have such a big property, and not much to do with it.

I've been trying to think Of a name for the incoming puppy, I was supposed to be thinking of a name before she got hear, but I couldn't help but overhear Alyssa's words as she kept repeating them over again. "Zeus, Zeus." I didn't know if she was talking to herself, or if she was just making up words to herself.

I was supposed to be surprising Alyssa with the puppy, and I don't even have a name for it. As I kept on thinking, I remembered the word that Alyssa kept on saying. "Zeus" I couldn't believe I didn't notice it before, as I shouted out the name.

"Zeus! Alyssa your a genius!" I ran down the hall to where her room was, and I wasn't even thinking as I pulled her out of he room in a hurry as Bailey got into the driveway. We stood there waiting for her to bring the new puppy, named Zeus, out of the car. I wanted to see the look on Alyssa's face as she saw Zeus, but there was wide eyes and a gasp that lead onto a mouth opening wide with surprise.

"PUPPY!" I was happy because Alyssa was happy, and that's all that I wanted in the first place.

As Bailey came in we prepared ourselves to tell her what we decided to name the little guy. Well it was Alyssa's idea. "Well, what did you guys choose for a name?" I couldn't believe my eyes at Alyssa's words that cut in front of mine. "Zeus!" Bailey just about fell back in surprise. "Ha ha, yes! Alyssa, Zeus. That was the name that I heard her saying when you were on your way. She's a genius!" Zeus it was, his little paws and ears were too cute I couldn't resist not picking him up.

He was so light and soft, I was technically hogging him when I knew Alyssa would want to play with him. She danced, which made me laugh, as they sat right next to each other just starring at one another, I got out my camera and captured the moment.

"Alyssa, he's yours, you came up with the name so I give you full credit of him." She looked like she could crumble from smiling too much, it was a precious moment I couldn't resist taking as much pictures as I could of them together, because I didn't want to forget the happiness between them in this moment. Ever.

"Thank you so much, Bailey." Alyssa got up, and ran to give her a big squeeze. Bailey looked at me and said, "Don't worry about it, you deserve some fun and some peace." Her words made it clear that she meant peace from Drake. I told myself that I'm done with him and I am moving on like the other million times I had told myself.