61

"Your turn." He said.

"No cheating this time okay?"

Derek's hands. I couldn't stop watching their every move. My theory of him and what he has planned or what I think he is planning is making me go crazy.

We sat on the floor with the kids, playing a family game of Monopoly, one of my favorite board games. "Caroline, 50 dollars please." I remembered the days in my younger years when I procrastinated with my parents, just to play one round with them.

Isaac would already be in bed, because he was the better kid. I laugh about it now, he listened so much better. I was very stubborn, wanting things I couldn't have. Almost like a perfect life. I couldn't have it. "Your 50 dollars Mr. Taylor."

My mother and I would stay up late, playing until every last spot on the board was filled. I would tell myself I regret having her teach me the game, but then I would never know the strategies I know now.

I would always have the shoe. The one reason was becuase I had a favorite pair of sneakers I would wear everyday, even with my sun dresses that I had to wear to chruch. They had that run-down look to them, but I liked them like that.

"Honey are you alive?" I blinked coming back. The kids giggled at me. "Sorry, is it my turn?" He smiled at me, brighter than other times. "Yes it is." I shrugged my frail shoulders and rolled the die, getting a six and moving my sneakers to the jail.

"OHH!" Everyone including me called out. "Mama's in jail!" Alyssa giggled as she rolled the dice.

Alyssa yawned, becoming the center of attention. "Come on, let's go." I told her, standing and picking her up. "Mama, can't we finish?" I kissed her forehead, opening her bedroom door. "We will tomorrow okay?" I looked back down at her, and she's was already asleep in my arms.

I smiled to myself, sitting down in her bed, then covering us up as I cuddled with her. a small knock sounded and I opened my eyes.

"Are you coming back?" I shrugged and brushed Alyssa's hair. "I'll leave you two alone." He walked over, kissing my forehead and walking away winking on his way out.

"Mommy?" Alyssa turned to face me, playing with my loose strands of hair. "Yes?"

"Am I ever gonna see daddy again?" My heart stopped.

"I don't think so. He isn't very good. Alyssa, he's a bad person, that hurt mommy very much." She huffed and leaned into my chest, hugging me. "I'm okay with you and Derek. He okay I guess." I smiled, brushing my hand down her hair.

"Can I call him daddy?" She looked up at me, and I didn't know what to say. "Not yet." She smiled and hugged me again, closing her eyes.

When she was in deep sleep, I snuck out and went into the kitchen. My hands traveled to the cabinet, to grab a cup. I filled it with water, downing it the second after. I walked to the window, looking out it at the empty lot in front of me.

I gasped when I felt a pair of arms cling around me. "Come to bed?" Derek's lips touch my neck, I shiver. "Okay." He grabs my hand and slowly drags me to the bedroom. "I'm really tired though.." He frowns at me.

"It's fine, I am too." I agree.

I'm not that tired, but I just want to be around him right now. I hadn't seen my parents in a while, and I wondered what they were doing.

Snatching my phone off of the counter, I walked out on the porch in the front yard and sat down.

Two rings..

Three rings, and then straight to voicemail. It was only 9 o'clock? Then I remembered that they were planning on moving out of the state. I heaved a sigh and got back up, going to the bedroom after locking doors. "Derek?"

I padded to the door, opening it slowly. Nothing was there, until Derek shot out in front of me, crashing his lips to mine and picking me up. He slammed the door shut, pushing me against the door.

He pulled away to get some air, breathing against my neck. "I'm guessing your not that tired?" He leaned back, looking at me with his wild eyes. He was still holding me up, with my legs wrapped around his waist.

"Never was." I smiled at him as he walked over to the bed, laying me down gently. He moved up to me, laying down beside me. "I just want to be around you." I smiled, pushing his hair back and kissing his soft lips. He pulled away and moved my hair, placing his lips gently to my neck.

I blinked, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Me too." He continues to kiss my neck, and I instantly become sleepy. "On second thought.." I whisper. He stops and lifts his head up smiling.

"Your tired?" I give a worried smile. "I'm not mad. Your tired, and your gonna need it." What did he mean by that?

He moved up so I was facing him, and wrapped his muscular arms around me. I placed a hand against his chest, and hearing that paceful, yet unsteady heartbeat. "Beautiful." He whispered in my ear, pulling my hair behind it and kissing my cartilage.

His kisses went to my jawline, then to my lips. I gripped his hair from behind his head. His arms clung around my waist pulling my closer.

"I love you.. so much." He said trying to gain his breathing back. I smiled and brushed my thumb across his cheek. "I love you too." I laid in his arms, closing my eyes. "I can't wait for you to be mine." He said and I fell asleep.