60

"Do you love me?" I asked Caroline out of curiosity as we sat in the room. She had her laptop sitting on her lap, and sat next to her. She looked up at me, and shut her computer.
"Of course I do." I smiled and looked down at my hands. "Why do you ask?" I shrugged, not knowing what else to do.

She set her laptop on her night stand, and came closer to me. "I love you so much Derek, I get hurt in the process. But I would allow it, I would allow the pain, becuase I could take. For you." I look down at her, she had complete sympathy in her eyes.

"I know." I whispered and looked at her eyes. That blue color always was in my dreams, ever since last week I haven't seen them. It's like a hint, that I might lose her. If I lost her in my dreams, I might lose her completely.

"You okay?" She asks, hugging my waist. "Never better." I lied. I lied and I knew it. I felt sick, but I had to keep up with this. I had to keep up with her and how far we've come.

Her hand brushed across my chest, I felt my nerves chill. I sighed and tried to control it. I felt distant from her, and I don't like it.

"I need to pick up the kids from my parents house, do you want me to get you dome coffee or something?" I looked down at her beautiful face.

"Sure, but I'm giving you money. No arguing, you paid last time." She giggled and kissed my face. Her nose cringed, a funny face I've seen so many times, yet learned to love.

"You should shave when I get back?" I smiled at her, placing my hands on her hips as she straddled me. "Should I? Maybe I like it this way, it seems to bug you." Her expression softened, irritating her. "Please don't."

I kissed her again and let her go. "Hurry up." She waved her hand above her and left the room.

I was left alone, in bed reading a book I had no interest in. Something about a man leaving his town becuase he felt like his soul mate wasn't there. It was slow, and didn't catch my attention.

I felt all of the loneliness closing in, she better hurry up.

C A R O L I N E

"I don't know why he would ask that? I was just doing school work and he asked it out of random."

"Well, the only solution I could think i-"

Bailey paused, gasping and covering her mouth. "He's going to purpose!!" She screams. My heart raced, and I knew it was rational. "No! I'm sure he's just worried. Plus, I don't expect anything from him, we were both married before, I don't think he would want to re marry." She groaned and got up from the couch, pacing back and forth.

"He could've had a change of heart?!" I shake my head. I would have noticed something. I would have gotten clues, or maybe he was playing the hard way.