11

"I didn't know you felt the same way? I wish you would've told me." After I said that he looked down at his feet.

"I wish I would've told you too.. I just didn't know how.." His eyes beaming bright with color as he spoke.

I took his face in my hands and sighed. "It's not that hard, is it?" He looks so nervous, it's too cute.

"Yes, it is. Especially when im falling for you, it gets nerve wracking.." He looked away feeling ashamed.

"Well don't be afraid anymore, if anything I'm the one that should be nervous. You just.. lighten up and be a man!" I couldn't hold my laughter in any longer, he laughed along with me. I love his laugh, it entertains me when I think about my non-peaceful days.

He leaned into kiss me, and as I hoped i wouldn't, but I did. I flinched away and he backed away. Why did I do that?

"I'm sorry, I just.." He cut me off with a kiss. Thank god cause that would've been awkward! We continued kissing and a little while later we were stoped by a knock on the door.

"You guys alright in there, Alyssa and Wren are getting tired." before she could say another word I opened the door and smiled as Derek stood right behind me. "We have to actually go cause they have a play date tomorrow, I want Alyssa to get some rest." I tried not to sound like a jerk and hoped that she would buy it.

"Alright, well will you come to visit sometime soon, your father was at work late so he couldnt see you tonight." Poor father, spent half of his life in his office at work and never got enough money, and then when I moved out he got a promotion. Now he's working his butt off.

"It depends if i'm busy or not, i've been looking for an internship along with my acceptance."

"Your what?" that's right, I never told her.

"I forgot to tell you... i got accepted to Anoka University!" I tried to make that as surprising as possible.

"Oh my goodness, that's amazing! When do you start?"

"Monday actually, two days isn't that far away..." Her face filled with sorrow, I could tell she was afraid of being alone.

"Mom, don't worry I will visit as much as possible." I felt so bad for her because she had to have Derek sit here and feel bad for her as well.

Never again will I ever be able to see her as happy as she was when I lived in this house, not that I moved out I've been feeling lonely as well, And now that I met Derek I feel like I'm not anymore. We gather our children up and say our goodbyes. I gave my mother one last hug and told her I love her, and promiced I would come back soon.

The drive back was awkward, awkward enough to even turn the radio on slightly and still feel the tension. As Derek pulls into the driveway I get out and head to the back to unbuckle the sleeping Alyssa. She woke up as i tapped lightly on her nose and smiled.

"Let's go inside so you can rest, okay?" She nodded and ran inside without my assistance.

"Well? I guess i'll see you around then?" I turned around and looked at him in the eye. I walked over to him and kissed him, hard.

"I'll see you around, actually i'll call you tomorrow so we can.. hang.. out." That sounded much more weird than I thought it would. He turned his head slightly as I studdered. "Okay well goodnight." I couldnt help but chase after him as he walked down the steps. "Come here." I said as i pulled him into another hard kiss, more tender than the last. I think he may just get used to this after all.

As we parted, I let go of his hand slowly as he walked away. I wined like a baby when he opened the car door and left. Walking up those steps, I felt like a different person. Alyssa was already sound alseep on the couch, finding her snuggled agaisnt the pillow made me feel happy. She was safe and cozy.