37

"Mother she has been in that room since that day, she hasn't said a word!" Their voices boomed through the house, the same things that have been said since that day. "How did this even happen? How did they manage to have him brain washed?!"

"I don't know Isaac!! I don't know, it's not my fault that she is like this! It's no ones.. but we need hope, she needs hope, and she isn't gonna get any with us fighting like this!" I covered my ears to stop hearing the horrid fights that have been happening almost every night for the past week. I can't take it anymore. Yes I haven't been talking for the past week, but I have so much to say.

"Care, do you want some pizza, or grilled cheese? I can make it for you?" He kneels down in front of me and looks in my eyes. I look at him for the first time in a week and the tears I had been holding in all week burst out. "Oh Care, it's okay.." I'm crying and crying and I can't stop. "It's okay to speak, please say something anything."

"I miss him. I miss him so much..."

"Mom.. mom come here!" Isaac brings me to the bed and sits me down. "Honey, please there's still hope. There is still hope for him, I can feel it."

"Nothing can get the memories back, he doesn't remeber.." My dad comes in the room. I get up and walk to him. He pulls me into a hug and holds me tight. "Caroline, it's gonna be fine. It doesn't get any better but we can get through it together." I hope so..

"I wanna see him." I sound unsure on the outside, but I really wanna see him, sort things out. "But.."

"I know he doesn't know who I am but I wanna see him." My mom covers her mouth with her hand and Isaac grabs the keys. "I'll take her." I walked out of the room and to the car. I felt a flow of panic go through me. "Please hurry up." He laughs and starts the car. "It's been one week and you are finally not shutting me out."

"It's just want to see him." I pout.

"Alright I know." He says and starts driving.

As we get into the parking lot I grow more confident. Maybe his parents are there. "Hold up. You need to call Bailey some time, she's been going nuts." I can't remember the last time I had talked to her. "I'll call her after I see Derek." He let's go of my arm and sighs. "I'll pick you up in two hours, you hear me?" I nod and get out.

I'm terrified walking into the building. What if he freaks out? What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if he.. "Can I help you?"

"Uh yeah I'm looking for Derek? Derek Taylor." She looks through her book and points on the name. "Room 205, down that hall." I knew where it was, I just needed to seem legit. I walked by the room and knocked on the door. "Derek?"

"Present, who's asking?" I come into view and his expression drops. "Oh."

"I was afraid you'd say that.." He smiles and sits up. "I'm really sorry about last week, nobody has been giving me answers, would you mind giving me some?" I smile and sit in the chair where I last kissed him. "Sure."

"First, start with how you know me."

"We met last year on the most relieved day of my life. We bumped into each other, literally, and you spilled coffee on my outfit that I didn't care about. And you wanted to make up for it. So, you gave me your number," I pulled the napkin out of my purse and handed it to him.

"The day I called you up, you agreed right away, we met at the coffee shop. I found out you had a kid, just like me. I felt so relieved and happy. Our next date I came with my daughter Alyssa, and that's when I met Wren. Alyssa and Wren are now best friends. That night was when we had our first kiss. And from that day on, we grew closer and closer."