24

"Jacob!" I distract him when he turns to face me and stops. He looks back one more time before he starts running again. "Officer!" The man who stopped face me and walked towards me. "May I ask why you are chasing him?"

"He is the man we have been looking for years. He killed countless Innocent people and made it look like some animal did it." This is not happening right now. Derek was right, Jacob was dangerous. "I'm sorry, do you know him?" I come back to reality and blink my eyes. "Yeah, we used to be friends a while back."

"And what was he like back then? Ms.?" He looks over at Alyssa and looks back at me. "Caroline, Caroline Johnson. He was a pretty normal guy. Back in high school we were close friends and he didn't seem bad." The officer got his note pad out and jotted some notes down. "Okay, thank you Ms. Johnson. I will find you to ask more question, if your okay with that." He tells me while running away. I walk back to my car to find Alyssa in her seat, already buckled. "You still up for ice cream?" I ask Alyssa and she smiles.

We go to Jonny's ice cream and sit inside just to make sure we're safe. I text Derek to make sure he's okay.

*Charlene's parent's showed up. We're leaving right now, come over here please before Wren freaks out and runs away.*

*Okay I'm on my way, stay put.*

"Hurry sweetie, we have to go see Derek and Wren, okay?" She nods and throws her cone away. I buckle her and drive down the street to the bowling alley. I take at least two turns and I'm already parked right next to Derek.

We walk into the place and I notice Derek right away. He wheels over to us and I kneel in front of him. "Did they talk to you?" I asked him, trying to be quiet while Wren is standing right next to them. "No, but I'm sure they will. I got a call from Sally, my doctor. She said I need to stop by tomorrow. I don't have to use this chair anymore." I smile and stand up.

"Well it's about damn time. You were walking just fine at the hospital, I don't understand why you needed this?" He shrugs and smiles. "Doctor logic!" We both burst out into laughter as a couple come walking over to us. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Derek and the gang?"

"Yeah, it is. Is there something wrong?" His wife looks at Derek like she wants to slap him. "We got to go, I don't want to waste any time with you two." Oh gosh, he must really hate them. We walk away, feeling confident that they didn't say anything back to us as we shut the door behind us. "Oh my, was that funny." I didn't notice I was laughing when He responded. "Well, it's gonna get funnier when I punch him in the face!''

I laugh and unlock my car. "Let's not get too far with that kind of detail. There are children around."

He laughs and rolls to the door, waiting for me to open it for him. "Here, let me help you." He moved out of the way, letting me open the door. I lift him up and he takes it from there."You in?" He nods as I hear the click of the buckle. The first half of the way home is silent, so I turned the radio on. I could hear Derek humming along to the song and I made little note to myself.

"You ready there mister?" I help him out of the car, just to make sure he doesn't fall, and he seats himself safely on the chair. I bet he is so excited to get out of there. "My head is killing me!" He screams, waving his hand for me to help him. I make it over to him fast enough and his breathing gets tagged. It was almost like he was ready to just...faint.

"Ahh, that's better." He breathes as I lay him down on the couch. I don't take a minute when I take his shoes off and throw them by to door. "Will you be alright while I go take a shower?" Right as I say shower he squirms in his seat. I sigh, knowing what he wants, but can't have at the moment. "Please." He begs. I sigh, once again along with rolling my eyes with a smile. "Stop with the puppy dog eyes and help me get you up!" I laugh and move next to him.