35

*Derek's point of view*

Today is the last day in California, so with the remaining time we decided to spend it at the beach. I woke up thus morning feeling confident. Not only was the best day of my life coming soon, but that I had every thing planned out. It took me two days of dreams, (including night as well), writing down thoughts while I had to "go to the bathroom", and asking suggestions from Isaac.

I'm not only terrified to the point that I might sweat to death, but I don't know what her reaction will be. Breakfast was appetizing because we went out, then headed back to get ready for the beach. I couldn't wait to just swim with Caroline and play in the water with the kids. our last day of freedom, then it's back to work and school for Caroline.

Caroline walks out of the bathroom with only her bikini and a T-shirt on. I try not to stare for too long because she looks so damn adorable. Her cheeks were a rosy red and she knew I would react to it. "Do you want me to put sunscreen on you?" I ask. "Yeah hold on." She seemed like she was embarrassed or nervous, I needed to fix that.

"Hey, look at me." She turns away from the bag and looks at me. I pull one side of her hair behind her ear and her cheeks become red as hell. "You look flustered." I laugh. "No I don't!" She is more flustered then ever. My lips move towards her ear and her breathing gets faster. "Don't worry, you look hot." I say and walk out of the room, leaving the flustered woman behind.

"Is everyone ready?" Laura asks. I love her mother so damn much, she always has to keep track of everyone and is so caring, it hurts. "Yeah Caroline should be done any minute." I grab the bag and walk to check on the kids. "You guys ready?"

"Yeah, I need a towel." Alyssa says. "Your mom has one and I have one for you Wren." He looks up and smiles. "Okay."

Every time I look at Wren, I think of Charlene. She always had that smile on her face when I said something that made her happy. He has her nose too, the way he sniffles and it scrunches, I almost miss those days of seeing us all together. Then I realized she wasn't worth it. But when I showed up to her funeral, it was like depression in me all over again.

I got out of my thoughts and walked up stairs and just as I was about to open the door, Caroline opens it. Her T-shirt is gone and she is just wearing her bikini. My eyes are wide open and I try my hardest not to stare anywhere else but her face. It's twice now that she has gotten me all frozen up. I love how she can do that to me.

After all the waiting, we finally get in the car and drive to the beach. the view was magnificent from the parking lot and it was incredible. I instantly get out as soon as we park and walk to the beach without even thinking for a second. This is what I had been waiting for, this is where I need to be with her.

*Caroline's point of view*

As soon as we park, Derek rushed out and without even thinking, head down to the beach. His shirt comes flying off and he dives into the first wave. He jumps up from the water and shakes his head as the water comes off of his hair. He dives back in and swims further. "Wait up!" I yell not even out of the lot yet.

He stands up and holds his arms open. I set the bags down and run for it. As soon as I reach the water I scream. "It's cold!!" I squeal. Derek's arms wrap around me and he spins me around. The waves move us up and down in sync as we kiss. It's perfect..

"We picked the right day huh?" He says slowly pulling away from me. "Yeah.." I say smiling and biting my lip. "I love you." He said. "I can't imagine a better place than this with you, and I sure as hell wouldn't want anywhere else.." His voice sounded promising and I had to go along with wherever this was going. "I don't know what else to say than I love you."