51

1 month later

"What time is it?" I almost trip over my own feet trying to hurry up. "Take your time Caroline. We don't have to be there for the beginning." Derek laughs.

"Do the kids have on their clothes? Is Zeus in his kennel?" Derek steps right in front of me, gripping my shoulders and looking at me in the eye. "Slow down.. We don't have to be at the church for another hour." I sighed in relief.

"I'm sorry I just.. wasn't expecting to be at my brothers wedding in such a rush! It's only been like what, a couple weeks since they got back together?" I remembered to the day Bailey came in the hospital, visiting Isaac. Now their getting married. It's just all so.. sudden."

I smiled just thinking about it. I'm the made of honor, which is a big deal. I have to look perfect just for the both of them. Part of me was nervous. After them, it just might even be me walking down the aisle.

"Okay let's go." I was proud of Isaac. Bailey and him have known each other since we were kids. They had dated in highschool, but it hadn't worked out then. I guess all it took was a little while to be away from eachother.

"Alyssa, Wren, we gotta go." Departure was depression. It's all it brought, but it meant so much. It meant that if you love someone, let them go to find there selves. If they come back, then it's meant to be.

Not every love has an ending. Whether you think so or not, it will always be there somewhere. "We ready?" It's just all matter of fact. I've been blind many years of my life. But I see now that I shouldn't take things for granted, because if I did, I wouldn't have Alyssa and Derek. I would've never met Wren. None of it.

"Okay stick with me. It's going to get crowded." We get out of the car, rushing inside from the windy air. "We're going to the dressing room." I call out to Derek. He nods and makes his way with Wren to a seat.

Bailey was even kind enough to let Alyssa be the flower girl and Wren be the ring man. I was grateful, she rehearsed so much. "There she is!" I pointed out to Alyssa. She ran to her, wrapping her arms around her thighs because she wasn't tall enough. "Oh who is this?"

"Me!!" I smiled as she bent down and gave her a hug. "Hello gorgeous!" We both laughed. "I feel old, honestly. I'm not that old, but I feel old." What really was true, is she looked amazing.

"Where's Romeo?" I said. "Next door, keeping the tradition since we seem to be moving so fast."

"Who said that?" She laughs. "My mom, who else. And your parents are here too of course, I didn't know if you knew." I nodded, she told me she'd be here, I just didn't want to come out yet.

"I'll talk to her soon. Can you watch her for a bit?" I walked out into the men's dressing room. In front of me was Isaac, staring at himself in the mirror. "You nervous?" He turned around smiling at me. I waltzed up to him, pulling him into a huge hug.

"Terribly." He whispered in my ear running out of breath. "It's the best day of your life, make it seem like it." I rubbed his shoulders.

"Your right." He straightened up and looked back in the mirror, brushing down his suit. I hugged him from behind and looked at him in the mirror. "You look great." His cheeks flushed, a knock sounded at the door.

Mom came in whining. "Isaac look at you!" Her hands trace to his cheeks, dad stands back, pulling me into a hug. "This is good." His matter of fact tone gave me reasoning. We were at a place in which there was no caos for once.

"It's perfect." I responded. He had this whole thought on how it should go, but he really just never thought of letting things happen. Whether it was embarrassing or not. "Are you ready?" Dad had waited fro a lifetime to see Isaac get married, it was only a matter of time till it actually happened.

"Yeah, I'm ready.." He breathes heavily, walking out of the room. We follow behind him, meeting up with Derek and the kids. "Have they rehearsed?" Bailey's mother asks. "Yes, they know what to do." She smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"How have you been?" She whispers in my ear. "I'm doing better, I haven't heard from everyone in a while." She nods, rubbing my shoulders. "It's been too long Caroline." After my encounter with Bailey's parents, I made my way over to my family. My aunts and uncles all sat on one side of the room with my cousins and grandparents. On the other side was Bailey's part of the family, how she planned it to be.

I greeted each and everyone of them, seeing familiar faces and introducing them to Alyssa, Derek and Wren. They all seemed to love them, and of course I was happy for that.

"So.." Someone wraps their arms around my waist from behind. The familiar scent fills my nostrils, I smile and lean against Derek's neck. "So.." I replied, kissing his neck. "Don't you dare, not here." I laughed and leaned up. His hands twisted my body around, making me stare into his eyes.

He didn't even have to speak to make me smile or do anything for his mood to boost, looking at him made me happy. "I love you." His fingers grazed on my cheeks, pulling hair behind my ears.

"I love you too." The grey blue color in his eyes are the only thing I could see. They brightened everything in the room. He leaned in and kissed my forehead. "We have to sit down now, Bailey will be out soon." I nodded and followed him into the row that Wren and Alyssa were sitting in.

-

The ceremony had started, just when we stood up. Alyssa spreading the flowers across the aisle as she walked, tears brimmed my eyes. Wren followed behind her with the rings and then there they were..

Her dress was beautiful. The lace flowed down and the sweetheart top complimented her body. To be honest, I was jealous. Then there was my brother, looking as handsome as ever.

"You may be seated." The priest spoke. In unison, we all sat down and listened as he began.

I had at least two tissues from crying of joy. My gaze went behind me for some reason, coming to see Drake leaned against the door frame in the corner. I tensed up, Derek must've noticed.

"What's wrong?" He whispered in my ear. I gulped and leaned towards him. "Drake." His body tensed next to me as he looked up at him, meeting to my gaze of where I was looking.

"Just- try not to worry about it now." I nodded and turned toward the front. Both of them were smiling as they held hands.

The row in front of us moved in their seats, making room for a man. He sat down and leaned back with a nonchalant expression. My breathing became ragged as Derek gripped my hand.

"The bridesmaids, and the best men step forward." That was us. Derek and I got up and walked to the front. It was different from most weddings I'd been to, but it was also unique.

I looked over Derek's shoulder to see Drake winking at me. It was they're wedding, but I'm vowing to stay as far away from him as possible.