Chapter 48: Nightmare

FARIHA'S POV -

"Who knows. Maybe." His reply hurt more than the break up.

Okay not the break up, but it was pretty damn hurtful.

My mouth was agape and I was stunned, not taking my eyes away from his face when it was turned and he started the car, drove away from the car park of the cafe. I stayed silent for the whole ride, thinking about the way he said it so casually.

Does he really think I've been whoring around like a bitch?

This brought silent tears to my eyes so I bit my lower lip, trying not to cry once again in front of him, who already has seen much, much worse and hurt me many times.

But you cheated on him. That's worser than he did. What he did was good; by breaking up wit you.

True. My subconscious was true this time. Although, my body and brain refused to admit the information and accusation.

We stopped by my home and I stepped out quickly, thanking Niall that he didn't put child lock like he always did. "Bye." I muttered out to him.

"See you at Brits." He said, not meeting my eyes.

That's it? No sorry or love you? I wanted to shout.

I turned around to walk but his voice stopped me. "Wait. Don't go."

I turned around again and looked at his face. His eyes were focusing on something on the seat I was sitting on.

"You're forgetting your phone." He said. Oh, way to get my hopes up.

He picked it up, very slowly, might I add. While giving it to me, he was deep and so deep in thought that I reckoned he was gonna say something. "I- I'm sorry."

I furrowed my brows. "Huh?" I was takes aback, seriously.

"I shouldn't have s- said that." He finally looked at me and his eyes were a deep shade of blue.

I shook my head. I said, "Sorry doesn't cut it." And ran towards my house. Not technically, but practically.

--------------

"Who's Zac?" Ally said, while mixing the cake batter. It's been a day since I bumped into Zac and went shopping with Niall.

"The one I told you about, remember? When you painted my nails worse than I painted yours?"

"Oh, how could I forget. Well, he's been texting you for a while now." I nodded at her. I was adding chocolate chips to the batter slowly. "Uh, stop putting too much chips, it would be slimy!"

"But mum likes it chocolaty!" I whined, my phone went off, bursting the lyrics of Taylor swift.

"Ugh, I hate Taylor. Pick it up or else your phone will be inside the cake." She threatened.

I looked at the caller ID and it surely was Zac. "What do you want Zac?" No hello or hi. Straight to the point.

There was silence for seconds. "I miss you." I could feel him pouting on the other line.

"Well, I don't." I said. I was really mad at him for not keeping the secret.

"Tell me your address. I wanna talk to you."

"You're talking right now. Shoot." I made a poker face.

"Not- not like this..."

"Look Zac, I told you about my feelings, you gotta accept that. It's not my fault you couldn't keep it a secret, now look where that got me, Niall hasn't made a move to talk about it."