Chapter 52: After party confessions

NIALL'S POV -

Jesus, I need help.

It was like falling in love with her all over again. I was so fucking mesmerised by her pink lips, which were painted red for today. And those doe like eyes... She truly was a sight to see.

I couldn't think straight when I saw her, sitting like a damn princess, and chatting on her phone like a rebellious teenager.

I wondered if she decided to look beautiful, just for me.

Nah, maybe I was living in a fantasy.

She clearly said she had nothing to do with me.

Then what it was that I felt, that I was inside of?

Maybe a dream?

Never mind.

Louis was looking at me the entire time as if he was my fucking teacher on how to 'win back my girl'. I made a bold move and caressed my hand on her thigh. It was bare of any clothing. I wanted so desperately to just run my hand a little bit upward but I decided against it. It'd have been more awkward with Louis sitting just beside her.

Now, there we were, at the Brits after party. Everyone left me and my missus to mingle, which was really much needed by me.

"Far-" I couldn't finish because I was cut by a soft and smooth voice.

"Niall! You came!" It was in a blur that a girl hugged me and I had to leave her hand hug the women completely.

When we pulled off, I mumbled in acknowledgement, "Ellie..."

"Congrats on winning two awards, Niall. You guys deserved it." She smiled and I did too.

Then I glanced at her to see that she was looking at us in utter confusion. "Ellie, meet Fariha. My... Girlfriend."

"Hey." Ellie smiled.

Fari smiled a bit and subconsciously, leaned into me to hold my hand. I gave her hand a squeeze.

"Babe, meet Ellie." I said to her.

"Hello. Pleasure to meet you." She said and then Ellie patted my shoulder, leaving.

We walked further and sat on to one of the chairs aligned closer to the table. She hadn't left my hand to which I was thankful for. When we sat, my hand instantly placed itself on her thigh again. At this, she sighed.

"You don't have to show everyone, you know? We're not in public." I felt myself scowl.

Did she not like it?

"Um, yeah... Okay." I moved my hand away.

"It's not like I don't like it or anything-"

Did she say she liked it?

"-It just... It makes me feel like, you really care about it." I instantly looked at her.

"I do care about it. About us." I said. God, I sounded desperate. "Of course, I do. I mean, fuck, I was- how could I think like that when I saw you sitting on the couch like a God's gift from Heaven?"

"I- What??" She was confused.

I didn't get the time to answer her because Louis popped out of nowhere and tapped my shoulder. "Mate, you wanna dance?"

"What?!" I yelled over the loud and slow themed music which just started when Louis spoke.

"You wanna dance? The girl right there asked me if you could dance with her." Louis smirked.