Chapter 17: Best friend or something?

FREYA'S P.O.V

I entered in my apartment, and I could hear fainting murmurs from the kitchen, so I tossed my keys on the table along with the book I've borrowed from the library after the funeral. I followed the voices coming from the kitchen as I saw my aunt standing by the microwave oven, probably heating something and my mother with sore and red eyes sitting on the dining table with her hands holding her face, elbows leaning on the table.

"Maybe going back to Manchester is the best idea. Who know wh--"

My aunt stopped abruptly in the middle of the sentence as I jumped in the conversation.

"Who's going back to Manchester?" I asked, bewildered.

"Girl, you always step on the rolling bus. We adults are talking and younger people don't put nosey when adults get cozy." She scolded me.

"You guys are old people now. Tell me." I whined rather sarcastically.

"Excuse me but we are not even sixty yet." She held her pointing finger in front of me to stop me from already speaking. "Your mum wants to go back to Manchester, leaving you girls to the home and study. But be an elegant lady as you already are."

"No one's going sweetheart. I'm not. She's just saying." Mum said disdainfully.

"But mum--" I tried to speak but cut off immediately by my aunt Patsy.

"You are. You are going with your smart ass of making everything stupid. By Jove! We've booked your plane tickets! I did with my hands Dabby. Don't be stupid now, come on!" She whined while pouring a cup of coffee.

"If somebody here wants to ask my opinion, I think you should. We can handle everything, maybe not everything but..." I chuckled with mum and aunt. "Yeah, you should." I kissed on my mum's cheek that startled her and she embraced me with a warm mother-daughter hug that made me feel so caring about her.

"Now stop with all this crying stuff and go pack your things up." Ally said while she and Tina popped in the kitchen.

With that, I dropped the matter where it was and my mother headed to her room along with me, Patsy, and Tina. After entering her room, I went towards the bed and laid there.

"Ah, this bed is so comfortable. Mom's things are always special." I said with pleasure in my voice. I noticed a buzz sound in my pocket to pick out my phone to see a new message from Niall.

He wanted to have dinner out with me today at seven. The scenario of him smiling at me widely was enough to send me on cloud nine. Him giving me sweet kisses on my neck and hands, or forehead. Him being so romantic at today's dinner. Him dancing with me. Smelling of his sweet cologne when hugging him....That made my goosebumps appear on my skin.

All of a sudden I didn't notice Tina's face turning in to a pale colour. I bluntly asked her what was wrong as a tear rolled down her eyes.

"I wish I could go to Manchester with her to see my mom. I really do miss her and daddy." She accepted. I reached for her to hug her and she nuzzled into my neck.

"Do you want to go? What about your academic session? We just have 2 weeks until we graduate then we will be in universities." I reminded her.

"Its okay. I can just meet them after the graduation." She smiled after pulling away. She misses her parents as much as I used to miss my dad. Now again I'm going to miss him because he's going back to Manchester with mom. I didn't notice when dad was back from his business in Turkey. But thats totally okay, he'll be with mom to support her.