Chapter 50: Sweet and sour

FARIHA'S POV -

"Hey." I scowled at the text I sent to Niall.

Who even send a hey to their ex? I felt like a stranger whilst talking to him.

Minutes later, I got a reply. Chewing my bottom lip, I held my phone in my hand and opened the text.

Niall: "Heya."

Fari: "Hey. :-)"

I sent a stupid, a really stupid text. Again.

It's been an hour, but no reply from Niall. I'm starting to think he hates me now. I had went downstairs to get a banana and cheese crackers to eat and I had clipped my nails a bit to make them look a bit fresh. I had decided what to wear if he agrees to meet up with me.

But now, here I was, sitting at my bed, dangling my legs up and down because I was bored. And then, suddenly, my phone lit up, indicating I had a message. I smiled and picked up my phone excitedly.

Niall: "Is is something you wanted to say? I'm kind of busy..."

My smile faded. He's busy? But he said the entire week and a half was his days off.

I was halfway typing a text when another came up from him.

Niall: "Sorry, though. x"

What? An x at then end of the sentence would make it okay? Anger started to build up in my system. He's pushing me away now. And I won't let that happen.

Another came up,

Niall: "Also, I wouldn't be able to pick you up for Brits, would you mind coming on your own?"

I ignored the last text.

Fari: "I wanted to meet you, just a couple of things to talk about."

Niall: "Like what? Telling me to go away? Or you're canceling on Brits at the last minute?"

My mouth was agape opened. How could he? I furrowed my brows and grit my teeth while I tapped on the call button.

Putting the phone on my left ear, I waited for him to pick up. After a several beeps, the call went to voice mail.

What the hell? He was just answering my text and now he won't answer my call? I didn't back off so I called him again. This time, he picked up on fourth line.

"Hello." He said calmly.

"Niall." I greeted.

"Look, I have-" I cut him off.

"I don't care how little time you have, you have to meet me somewhere." I insisted. "Please."

He sighed audibly. "I can't. I'm busy."

Busy my ass. "What exactly are you doing?"

"I don't have to tell you everything. You're not my girlfriend anymore." He retorted.

I sucked in a sharp breath. "What?"

"Did I stutter?" He said, as cooly as ever.

"No, b- but, I- I..." I couldn't speak, my heart was breaking into thousands of pieces.

"Cool then. Anything more?" His voice started to become hoarse.

"N-no, I- I- Good. I- it's good." I managed to speak whilst a tear broke out of my eye.