14. Hope

Charlie's POV:
Its December 2nd, my birthday. The only present I want this year is her. The only person I want to spend it with is her. I only want to do things with her anymore. But I know that I messed up too much for that now. There's a knock on the door and the little hope I have left is hoping its Meghan. Hailee comes in and hugs me.

"Happy birthday Char!" She exclaims holding out a gift.

"Thanks Hai." I say sitting back down on the couch and setting it down next to me.

"You don't even know what it is, why are you thanking me?" She asks. She grabs the gift and puts in my lap and I open it. There's a card inside that reads,

"Hi Charlie. Its Meghan. I hope you are having a great birthday! I have been doing so much. I started dating Brian again. He loves me but has a weird way of showing it. I hope you and Hailee are doing good.
See you at Jingle Ball, Meghan"

I start tearing up and look inside and there is another card. This one reads,

"This one is from Hailee. If you haven't read the other one stop now and go read it. Okay, now that you have read the other one (I have too) I am saying goodbye. This is kinda a bad birthday present but you need it. I am saying goodbye so you can go be with the one you actually love which is Meghan. Don't tell me all that bs about "she will never take me back" and "she hates me" because she doesn't. I went over to her house and saw her. There is a reason she hasn't been in the news. Brian is beating her. She thinks this is love because thats all she knows. She needs you, Charlie. She needs her superman. Now if I am not gone by now, I should be. Just stop what your doing and go get her. Go to her. NOW!"

And just like that I took the two letters, my keys, and the small hope I had left, and went to her.