41. The Contract

Charlie's POV:
I sit in the car and slowly drift in and out of sleep. Meghan left early this morning and I have never been sadder. But I understand because, she has to start her own tour soon. I open up my iPhone and open IMessage.

"Wyd, princess?"

Meghan's POV:
I get off of the plane and head over to the bag pickup. I look over and see Ryan and my bag.

"Thanks Ry!" I exclaim.

"No problem, lil sis." He says. We walk out of the airport and I am swarmed with paparazzi.

"Where have you been?" One of them asks.

"There are reports you spent the weekend with fellow singer, Charlie Puth, is that true?" Another asks. Ryan pushes past them and grabs my hand. I start crying and thank my lucky stars I am wearing sun glasses. We finally reach the car and I get in. Ryan tosses my bag in the trunk and gets in too. We drive off and some of the paparazzi run after the car. We finally reach my house and we get out and head in. I run up into my room and hop on my bed. I missed the comfortable mattress and my lovely pillows but I would trade it in any day for Charlie. I flip over and grab my remote, turn on my TV, and then flip to a random channel. I grab my iPhone and realize I have a missed message from Charlie.

"Wyd, princess?"

"I just got home :)"

"Is it wrong to miss you already?"

"No, because I miss you too"

"We just arrived at our new hotel, got to go, love you"

"Love you too"

My heart hurts. The only thing that will keep me going these next few weeks is that Charlie promised he would try to come to Los Angeles for the weekend. I hear a knock on the door and get up to get it. I walk downstairs and see Ryan by the door.

"Who is it?" I ask, still on the staircase. He turns his head for a minute and then turns back to the door.

"She doesn't want to talk to you!" He yells.

"Who is it Ryan?!" I ask again.

"She has nothing to do with you!" He yells again. I push past Ryan and see Charlie's manager.

"Hello Ms. Trainor, may I come in?" He asks.

"Uhh, sure." I say. We walk into my house and go over to my breakfast bar. He and Ryan both sit down in a chair and I stand on the opposite side.

"So you must be wondering why I am here." He says.

"Uhhh, ya?!" I say sassier than I mean to.

"Well, I know you decided to go spend the weekend with Charlie....."

"Yes." I say.

"Well, I also know that you created a ruckus while you were there."

"How so?" I ask.

"Well..."

"Can you stop starting every sentence with "Well"?!"

"My apologies. I was talking with Jonathan and he said, you slept with Charlie, you were showering with Charlie, and you distracted Charlie from his tour." I blush and Ryan glares at me.

"You did this?" He yells.

"So what?" I tell them both.

"Charlie needs to be focusing on his tour, not you." He says. My heart breaks.

"So you are not allowed to see my client any more and he will not be visiting you any time soon." My heart breaks into tinier pieces and just before I say something, Ryan starts talking.

"Sir, I don't like them dating as much as the next guy. But, Charlie and Meghan give each other happiness and they love each other. So who are we to break them apart?" He asks.

"Charlie did." He says plainly.

"Wait, what? How did Charlie break them apart?" Ryan asks.

"He signed a contract when he signed with me, I am allowed to do anything that might help him in the long run. And by breaking them up, will help him." He says and stands up.

"Goodbye Ms. Trainor." He says and leaves. I start crying and sobbing uncontrollably and collapse onto the floor. And to top it all off Charlie texts me again,

"Can't wait to see you."

Author Note: Hey everyone! Thank you so much for over 990 reads! What did you think about this chapter? Let me know! Make sure to comment, like, and share!