90. Doctor Visit

Meghan's POV:
The next morning I am woken up to Charlie's sing song voice. I feel hands on my stomach and smile. I listen to his one sided conversation and realize he is taking to our babies,

"When you get out of there your going to have the best parents in the world...." He says quietly. I sit up slightly and Charlie chuckles,

"Good morning princess."

"Hey Char." I smile. Charlie scoots back up to his pillow and moves a strand of hair away from my face.

"What were you doing?" I ask as innocently as possible.

"Talking to the babies." He smiles proudly. I laugh a little and rub my stomach. I feel the babies kick and laugh,

"We're starving." I whine. Charlie nods and heads to take a shower as I walk downstairs. At the end of the stairs is loads of gift bags and boxes crowding my front door.

"Charlie!" I yell.

"Yeah?" He yells back. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs behind me and then silence. I turn around and he stands there astonished.

"Emmy." We say at the same time.

"Well, must have been from the baby shower." He says and picks up a gift closest to us and unwraps it.

"Honestly I didn't think there was this many people there." I say grabbing another.

"Well it was mostly rich celebrities." He shrugs.

"True." I say looking at the cute gift bag. Charlie finally removes everything and gets the gift out.

"Ha-Ha." He says sarcastically. He turns the onesie around and I start laughing uncontrollably.

 He turns the onesie around and I start laughing uncontrollably

"I love it!" I yell between giggles. Charlie rolls his eyes and puts it back in the bag.

"I think there is three of everything which is good and I guess we will open the rest after we get back from the doctor." He says and gives me a peck on the lips.

"Oh yeah! Honestly, I forgot about that." I blush. Charlie smiles and I head back upstairs to change. A few minutes later we are dressed and making a path to the front door. Well, Charlie is. He told me not to bend over, especially nine months pregnant. I oblige and cheer him on. He finally clears the front door and we get into his car. We start diving down the road and I sigh,

"You realize we are going to need to get a more family suitable car, right?" I giggle.

"Please not a minivan." Charlie whines and I laugh again,

"We'll see."

When we arrive the hospital, we are ushered into a private room. After a few minutes the doctor comes in,

"Hello Meghan. I am Dr. Smith and I am here to talk about the day of your birth." He says smiling and outstretching his hand. I shake it and he looks to Charlie,

"Husband, correct?" He asks. Charlie nods and I smile. Dr. Smith takes a seat and grabs a pen from his pocket.

"So what accommodations would you like?" He asks. I waste no time thinking about it and start naming stuff off,

"My number one concern is privacy. I do not want anyone but the people who need to know." I say.

"Okay, how about only the nurses and I know and we will get you a private room?" He asks writing notes, I presume. I look to Charlie and he nods,

"But all of them have to sign a contract that they will not go to the paparazzi." Charlie says sternly. Dr. Smith nods and Charlie has his manager fax over the documents.

"Anything else?" The doctor asks. I shake my head and Charlie does too.

"Very well then, while you're here can I do an ultrasound on you?" He asks. I look to Charlie and he shrugs.

"Sure....?" I say standing up. Dr. Smith leads us to another room with the same equipment as before. I lay down on the table and the procedure of getting ready passes by quickly. Dr. Smith smiles when he sees the babies.

"Number one is doing good and has developed all the way...... So has number two..... And number three-" He stops. Dr. Smith purses his lips and continues moving the scanner around on my stomach. I look to Charlie and see he has worry in his eyes,

"Dr. Smith, what about number three?" Charlie asks and squeezes my hand.

"Number three, he/she has not developed all the way. That also explains why your stomach is smaller than the usual size for triplets." He says getting right to the point while taking off his glasses. I look to Charlie and feel my eyes well. How can something not even born yet effect me so much? I look to the doctor and he sighs.

"So what does that mean?" I ask scared.

"Number three is most likely not to survive. Also, with the state he/she is in, your life could also be in danger." He says sadly. I look to Charlie and realize his hand has gotten tighter but the pain of my hand isn't compared to what I feel right now.

"Wh-What do you mean?" Charlie manages to say. I'm glad he spoke because my mouth can't seem to manage to form any words.

"She could end up with a hemorrhage, infection, or eclampsia. And in case you didn't know, eclampsia is very high blood pressure that could lead to seizures." He says. I feel my heart sink and I feel Charlie's fingers on my face wiping away the tears I didn't know fell.

Charlie's POV:
After hearing the news, Meghan completely breaks down. She sits there speechless with tears streaming down her cheeks. I want to tell her everything is okay. I want to tell her everything will work out. But it's not okay and I don't know what the future holds. All we can do is wait until the due date.