Chapter 13 Busy Day

BG wakes Remi with breakfast in bed. He explains that he has to go in for sound check and a little practice and she can go with him or just stay at the hotel and chill. Remi tells him that she wants the whole Brantley Gilbert big show experience so she knows what he does when he works. He kisses her and said that makes me happy to hear you say that. Well we have to get ready to leave in an hour, is that enough time for you? Remi looks at BG and asks if he was kidding? He said no I can have someone come back and pick you up. She said I will be ready in 30-40 minutes and that's taking a shower and doing hair. Start timing buddy.
      Remi jumps up and gets her bag and goes to the bathroom and jumps in the shower and is done in 15 minutes. She yells at BG and said what are you wearing so I know how to dress today. He said track pants tshirt and tennis shoes. He goes to the door and tells her his bus is at the venue so they can get ready for tonight later. Okay casual it is. She puts some product in her hair and throws on her outfit does light natural makeup and she's ready to go.  BG stands there with his mouth open and said you got ready in under 30 minutes. She said yeah most of the time I do if my hair stays curly.

Remi asks "are you that surprised" and he said yeah I have never been with a girl who didn't take a couple hours to get ready even to go work out

Remi asks "are you that surprised" and he said yeah I have never been with a girl who didn't take a couple hours to get ready even to go work out. Remi laughed and said you been with the wrong women babe. BG said , "tell me about it" . He takes her hand and said you ready to check out we can put our stuff on my bus before we go to sound check since you didn't take 2 hours to get ready. They go downstairs and get his truck, he opens the door and helps her in. He gets in and they head to the venue, listening and singing to the radio. He can't believe how lucky he is to have found Remi, he just hope that she will be okay with the fact that he travels a lot when on tour.
They arrive at the venue and he drives his truck up next to his bus. He tells her to wait and he comes around and opens her door and helps her out and grabs their bags. He steps on the bus and PJ is there and he said this is PJmy driver and my security guy. PJ this is Remington Slade or Remi for short, my girlfriend. PJ looks at BG and Remi and said its a pleasure to meet you. Remi says the pleasure is mine, I need to talk to you to see if you can give me any tips on keeping this one straight as she points to BG. PJ laughs and tells her he may need her help. Ben comes on the bus and sees Remi and is surprised. "Hey girl didn't know you were joining us, it's good to see you though." SaidBen. Remi smiles and said" Got in last night and will be here tonight and leave tomorrow cause I'm pulling doubles Saturday night and Sunday night. PJ asks what does she do and Remi replied " I'm an ER trauma nurse in Atlanta, that's actually how I met BG. I was his nurse after he was in a fight." BG said " you didn't catch it either PJ when I introduced you two." PJ said " catch what you said her name was Remington Slade or Remi, wait the Remington Slade as in Reaper princess Sandmans daughter ?" Remi says " the one and only in the flesh" " Now I know you can give me some help in keeping this one in line, I saw you go in the ring with Grizzly when y'all were about 16and you had some moves. Do you still box and go in with them?" Asked PJ. Remi smiles and tells him that up until a few days ago she hadn't seen any of them in 4 years. She left and went to college at the Capstone School of Nursing in Tuscaloosa Alabama came back home for that summer after she graduated then they had a blowup and moved to Atlanta for her job without telling anyone. How do you know Sandman? PJ said that they served together. Remi went and hugged him and whispered "thank you, pop told me some things and I'm sorry that y'all had to do that but so thankful you are here today. I can do my job knowing B has someone that can watch his back when we aren't together. " PJ hugged Remi back and said thank you for those sweet words. I already like you more than the last 2 combined." She pulls back and grins. BG said "hey man go find your own woman that one is mine and I don't share" as he laughs. Ben said "its time for sound check" They go to sound check and Remi watched from the side. It was amazing how big a production it was just to tear down and move it to another place for the next night. She is listening to BG sing and they are working on something and she hears a large crash that causes everyone to jump. They all go running to see what it is and a set of lights has fallen on a crew member and there is blood. Remi jumps over to asses the situation and asks him what his name is he said John. Okay John I'm Remi and I just want you to answer my questions as I help you .
Yes ma'am
Remi looks at the closest person and said dial 911 tell them what has happened and as I update you , you tell them.
Now John can you move your legs for me? Good , can you move your arms. That's good. Where do you hurtJohn?
My stomach and back.
Good John you are doing great. Is there a first aid kit around here or clean towels? BG look in my purse and hand me a pair of gloves. As she gets the gloves on someone brings in a medical bag. Okay John I am going to press on your stomach and you tell me if it hurts .
Right there that hurts. You are going great John. Now I'm going to reach under you and check your back okay. She pulls her hand out and it has blood on it. She reaches into the medical bag and gets an abd pad to press on his back.
She looks at BG and said its safe to move this off him now but do it slowly. Several guys move the lights.
Remi takes Johns vital signs and knows that the ambulance needs to get there he needs emergency surgery and is gonna need a chest tube.
Paramedics come in and Remi starts, Blunt force trauma to the abdomen with tenderness in the left upper quadrant and blood is coming from his back but I haven't rolled him. No LOC , bp is 86/50, pulse 125, resp 14 and labored probable pneumothorax, moves all extremities on command. They look at her and she said Certified ER Trauma nurse in Atlanta. They nod start 2 large IV's and are on their easy in 10 minutes.
Everyone is standing there looking at her and Remi looks at BG and asks do I have blood all over me or something? as she takes her gloves off and disposes of them and cleans the bag up no one has moved. She looks up and said " okay y'all are freaking me out what is it?"
BG looks at her and said "that was amazing, you were amazing" She grins and said just another day at work but it saved the paramedics 30 minutes and they are able to get him to the hospital and into surgery quicker. Does he have someone here if not they need to get here. He has a ruptured spleen and is going to need a chest tube to reinflate his lung or best I could tell that is what it is although the back without seeing it I don't have a clue. BG hugged her and said I'm so glad you were here. If you do that for 16 hours no wonder you are dead to the world when you sleep. She grins I do that plus 2 more at the same time usually. They get back to work and then BG said it was time to head to the bus. They have to get ready, he has a meet and greet performance and then he wil eat in catering and then it's to his dressing room until showtime.