- colorful firsts -

A FEW DAYS LATER, most everything had calmed down

It was settled that Elenora would be abandoning her residency at the Avenger's tower (much to Mr.Stark's displeasure) and joining her father and Bucky in their house, not very far away.

And that is how the teenager found herself between Bucky and Steve, discussing bedroom plans. Elenora, who had never done this sort of describe making before, let Steve and Bucky lead the conversation.

"Pink is a very appropriate color for a young lady's room, Bucky, I'm not sure why you don't let Elenora agree to this," Steve said, earning a huff from Bucky.

"Listen here, Rogers, that room will not be pink," Bucky finalized, clapping his hands together.

"The room's gonna be pink-" Steve tried again, but got nowhere.

"Hell no, Rogers," Bucky intervened.

"Then what do you propose?" Steve demanded.

"Black-"

"Buck-"

"And silver. With red stars."

With a sigh, Steve asked, "And why would that be, Bucky? What is with that particular color scheme? Please, tell me and Elenora." The girl blushed at the use of her name. Steve shot her a small smile, then looking back at Bucky.

"Those are the colors of my suit, Steven, and I am damn proud to say so."

Her father laughed, making Bucky whine. "Come on, babe, think of all the kids that decorate their room Captain America themed, ain't no kid in their right mind's gonna want a villain theme!"

"But you're not a villain," Elenora cut in, her voice extremely soft. Bucky sent her a smile, maybe Steve and him were getting somewhere with her. She had been extremely shy for the past few days, and was constantly quite. Bucky blamed it on Steve.

Steve blamed it on himself.

"Thanks, kiddo, but I'm not sure, anyone else thinks that," Bucky admitted, turning back to paint swatches. Elenora looked at the man, hard, thinking about all this boy had gone through, all the pain and the misery.

Elenora wasn't pleased with Bucky's attitude. He never acknowledge that he was a good person around anyone. In fact, Elenora doubted that he did it at all. She nudged him shoulder with her own; a simple gesture as he turned to look at her, and she smiled at him. He smiled back.