- can't catch a break -

ELENORA WOKE UP the next morning barely able to move

ELENORA WOKE UP the next morning barely able to move. It took her three whole minutes the gather the strength and preservence to toss one leg off the the bed, and the other took just as long. When it was time to heave her back from the soft mattress, Elenora could hear the cracks from what she guessed was her spine.

Despite the troubles she had from getting up, Elenora felt extremely lucky for three things.

1) she wasn't dead- which she was almost positive that she would've been the night prior.

2) Bucky and Steve weren't mad at her. At least, that's what they told her. Since she had never been in trouble with Bucky and Steve, she wasn't sure if they were just trying to avoid a fight at 2:56 in the morning, when they finally got home.

And number 3; Elenora had no nightmares. Maybe she was too exhausted to remember it or perhaps she truly felt powerful and protected after not dying and all.

It was only 10:56, and Elenora felt like she could sleep for a straight three days, but she could hear Steve and Bucky bustling outside. She felt guilty for going against them last night, even if what she was trying to do was helpful. Her guilt drove her out of her room, hopping without her crutch. 

Bucky and Steve were sitting at the kitchen table with their coffee mugs in hand. Judging by the happy expressions on their faces, they  seemed to be talking about something that was light hearted.

Elenora swallowed from the hallway- she didn't want her presence to ruin their peacefulness.

It was so strange- as she watched them laugh, she remembered a time when she would spot Bucky out of the corner of her eye sulking around. And now it was her.

Because of his experience with a similar feeling and people trailing him, Bucky was the first to notice Elenora standing in the hallways frame, looking like she just committed a murder.

"Morning, Elenora," he greeted, not making eye contact but instead sipping his coffee. "Sleep well?"

Elenora was a little startled by his awareness, but replied quickly. "Yeah."

Steve held the conversation as Bucky took a sip from his mug. "I remember the first night after I fought as Captain America," he told her. "I was a mess. Couldn't sleep too well."

"Me neither," Bucky added. "Barely caught a wink that night."

Elenora didn't know how to reply. She just looked at them like she expected something worse.

Bucky sighed, and glanced at Steve.

Elenora didn't know what they were going to do but she knew she was terrified of whatever Bucky and Steve would do. Would they hate her? Was she going to get punished? What would happen to her?

Bucky squinted, "Elenora?"

She swallowed, hard. Then, uncontrollably, Elenora started talking, "I am so so so sorry that I went against what you said Bucky I'm so so so sorry I didn't think about the consequences or anything I just wanted to help because I can't stop thinking about when I had to go to that safe house and came back and you were hurt and I felt so guilty and I refused to go and hide out because I didn't want to come back to see that something terrible happened to either of you or anyone else when I could do something and I'm sorry please don't hate me."