- the breakdowns + build ups -

y'all this chapter covers so much hahaha idk how i got it all in here but have fun

Please comment and vote!!

"DO YOU NEED SOME HELP WITH THAT?"

Elenora, with super serum coursing through her blood and Avenger level training, most certainly didn't need help doing twenty sit-ups, but she looked up anyway.

Green eyes and light brown skin and a name that was at the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't quite reach.

"Mar," the boy reminded fluidly, a grin settling on his expression. He was knelt down next to Elenora who was halfway up from a sit-up, and his eyes were piercing hers. "Need someone to spot you?"

First off, no one ever really needs anyone to spot them during sit-ups. That should have been the first thing on her mind, but it didn't really occur to Elenora, who was so dazed that she had to remind herself to respond.

"I just finished," she told him honestly, pulling up on her last sit-ups and stretching out her legs before retracting them back to her chest. "Thanks, though."

Mar's grin didn't fade; instead, he folded his legs beneath him to sit shoulder to shoulder next to Elenora, commenting, "This whole thing is pretty lame, huh?"

"Huh?" Elenora said, not processing what he said. Instead of repeating himself, Mar paused, and Elenora managed to understand. "Oh. Yeah. Kinda silly."

"Captain America," Mar breathed out with a laugh and roll of his eyes, outstretching his legs. "Overrated, if you ask me."

"Yeah," Elenora agreed before she could stop herself. And she didn't even correct herself. She didn't know what was wrong with her, but unlike when she usually get nervous, she was shaking or -

"Really?" Mar questioned, feigning surprise. Not that Elenora knew he was feigning surprise. She only realized it when his eyebrows quirked up in this certain way and his eyes crinkled together. "I'm more of a villain guy, anyway. Like the Winter Soldier? Badass."

Villain. It echoed in her brain, yet Elenora barely had a reaction. "Yeah, I guess," was all she could say. She didn't think to defend Bucky at all.

"So," Mar leaned in a little closer, but Elenora couldn't budge from her seat. Not that felt the need to, but at that moment, Elenora was glued down.

And she didn't even have a clue.

"What do you think about Spider-Man?"

"Pretty cool."

"And his friend?"

That barely registered in Elenora's mind; she was the friend. "Oh. Ghost X."

"That's the one."

"She's cool."