- incompatible -

anyone read the gallagher girls series?

this is for all you Bridgit lovers :)

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL HELD A LOT OF CHALLENGES within itself, but convincing her best friend who'd she basically ignored for half the summer that her (fake) camp didn't have any (lie) reception at all was proving to be the very hardest

"Jade," Elenora tried again, for the third time, "I did try the top of all the buildings, but there was no way to get a text out."

"How about mail then?" Jade prompted, and Elenora bit her lip to hold back from a sarcastic comment.

Pete glanced away from Ned's commentary on Jade during summer break to steal a look at his girlfriend, who was trying very hard not to lose her temper nor, from what the glossy look was hinting at, run away crying.

"That's my fault," Peter piped in, raising his hand to pull the attention from Elenora, who released her lip and sent him a grateful smile. Now Jade's harsh glare was directed at him. "She asked me for your address before she left, but I forgot."

It took a second for Jade to respond, and both and El and Peter were afraid she was going to call their bluff.

She didn't. "Well then screw you, Parker," she said, flipping him off with an expression of satisfaction as she did.

A few lockers down, a teacher scolded the girl for her actions, and Elenora stifled a laugh as Peter sent her a pointed look to say, this is your fault.

"How was summer camp?" Ned asked, his voice implying that it was anything but am summer camp.

Peter filled him in on the entire Elenora situation after a night they both booked from their hangout to save the lady three doors down from a robbery.

Since Jade was distracted by telling the teacher that Peter very well deserved her act of aggression, so Elenora responded with, "it was nice. Very informative."

Jade's head spin around quicker than what Elenora thought was humanly possible. "Informative? What the hell kind of summer camp did you go to?"

"One of those 'find yourself' camps," Elenora lied swiftly, clicking her phone on to see five text messages from Bridgit's new phone, courtesy of Natasha.

Just three days prior, Nick Fury decided that all of the new Avengers would go to separate schools as to avoid attention, and Elenora would bet a month's allowance that Bridgit complained precisely about that.

The raven-haired girl pulled a face. "Like for rich people? With the horses and stuff?"

"Yeah, kinda," Elenora agreed with a shrug, watching as Peter pushed his eyebrows together in question.