- stupidity + danger + heroes = love -

PLEASE READ

so this book is coming to the end of its life we've got like 2 more chapters left or something like that so if you have any unanswered questions, necessary scenes, or just anything you'd like to read let me know! 

I'm thinking about adding something Christmas-y? because that would be actually adorable lol

thank you all for reading this book. it means the world to me.

ELENORA TRIED THAT WHOLE SELF-BLAME THING, BUT IT DIDN'T REALLY WORK OUT

It had it's effect for like ten minutes, max, but Elenora wasn't stupid enough to believe that it was her fault if Peter Parker died. And he wouldn't die. And it wasn't her fault.

Despite Elenora's sorta optimism, Peter wasn't doing that well. Bruce kept the team up to date with announcements and updates, but nothing was changing for the better, and it was scary, for everyone.

Elenora was scared, yeah. She was terrified. But she was smarter than to blame herself because she couldn't have stopped Peter. She couldn't have taken that bullet - there wasn't any time.

Time passed quickly then, but slowly, after the fact.

Peter getting shot and being rushed to the emergency wing and Bruce and Tony racing to find an antidote to the anti-mutant serum and all the kids getting rushed back to the towers - all a blur.

But then the waiting came.

Peter was unconscious, and for 14 hours, that didn't change. And neither did Elenora's position - the entire 14 hours were spent sitting inside the waiting room, waiting.

Aunt May had come about half an hour in and said nothing. She was scared, that much Elenora could tell - her cheeks were tear-stained and the bags under her eyes were red. She had no one left to lose after him, and that was scary.

And then there was the self-blame.

Aunt May thought it was her fault, and Pepper Potts and Tony Stark did everything in their power to reverse that minds set, but there wasn't much they could do. They hadn't been entrusted with the safety of an orphan boy after three tragic deaths in their family. They didn't know Peter before the bite.

Only Aunt May did, and that was scary, seeing him back in that regular state.

But Pepper Potts did have her skills and managed to pull May out of the hospital room for coffee and to eat something and maybe be even just to talk.

Elenora stayed.

No one fought her to leave - nobody even tried, really. Fourteen hours and covered in blood and sweat but Elenora wasn't moving, and no one was trying to get her to. The rest of the Junior Avengers visited the SHIELD medics and were all cleared. Nothing was wrong with them, but they all had a sinking dread in their stomachs.