- winners, losers, and criers -

"NO, PETER, I WILL NOT play Hide-And-Seek with you! Never again! Plus, you always cheat and use your powers, so no!"

"C'mon Nora! You can use your powers too, it practically makes us equal! It's your last day here, and I may never see you again! Just spare an hour to make one mutant's life worth living!"

"Don't ever call me Nora again."

"Is that a yes?"

"Fine, Maximoff."

"Guys, she said yes! Everyone who's in, get over here!"

Elenora didn't mean to lead the majority of the student body in an against the rules game of hide-and-seek, honest, but the second Peter started counting, you can bet she ran faster than she ever remembered she had in training, her mind racing for the best hiding spot. The students behind her threw themselves into vacant classrooms and jumped out of (first story) windows. Instinct taking over, Elenora's feet took her down the hall and to the west side of the dorms, where Connor was peering out of his room with a concerned expression at the commotion.

His eyes met Elenora's. "What's going on?"

Elenora, who didn't stop her motion, beckoned him forward. "Hide-and-seek," she explained, and just like that, Connor was on her tail as the two of them searched for a place to go.

Peter's voice boomed out, "READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!" Elenora was sure it was loud enough to alert every professor of their game. So as to not get in trouble, Elenora grabbed Connor's wrist and willed them both invisible.

Last week, Elenora never would have imagined she'd succeed in holding more than a minute long conversation with Connor, but here she was, just a few days later, protecting him from the enemy.

Well, as close as Peter M could ever be to an enemy.

Connor was quick to catch on to Elenora's dilemma of no hiding place; he tugged Elenora to the left, whispering, "I know the best hiding space."

Hide-and-Seek tag had three major rules at Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters, and they are as follows;

1. No killing each other. (Professor Charles would definitely find out.)

2. Teachers' dorms were off limit. (who wanted to risk seeing Professor Erik in his boxers? Yuck.)

3. No tattling. Ever.

Luckily, the path to Connor's idea didn't involve any breaking of the mentioned rules or hesitation, and it was like somehow Connor knew the perfect way to avoid people.

Elenora realized that the ability must have come from years of practice.

She didn't have much time to dwell on that thought because Connor was tugging her around a corner until they were face to face with a dead end wall.