- traces, tracks, and trails -

please comment and vote!

so so sorry this took so long! y'all school is hard lol i need a nap

i hope to update soon, again. like soon, soon. there's gonna be a lot of action in the next few chapters, so I hope you enjoy :)

 there's gonna be a lot of action in the next few chapters, so I hope you enjoy :)

ELENORA ROGERS WAS IN A GOOD MOOD.

It was really a thrilling thing, nowadays, when Elenora was in a good mood. And if, by some heavenly intervention, Connor was a good mood at the same time?

That was a damn miracle.

That's what the day was, really - a miracle. Bucky and Steve thought so, anyhow. It's only so often that they don't have to drag the kids outta bed for Saturday practice, but for those same to get up on their own and then make breakfast for both themselves and the adults?

A damn miracle.

"Can you come to do this?" Elenora asked, her wrist flicking the pancake over as she diverted her eyes to see Connor pulling orange juice out of the fridge.

He stared at her for a second, glancing down at the jug in her hand and then back at her.

With a roll of her eyes, Elenora said, "I'll get that stuff, I promise. You're less likely to burn it, anyway."

Shrugging, Connor wordlessly agreed, appearing at Elenora's side and outstretching his hand for the spatula.

Grabbing the juice from Connor, Elenora did a little twirl as she placed it on the counter, and heading back into the kitchen for butter, syrup, and fruit.

The teens were well aware of the two men staring at them from the hallway, and both chose to ignore it.

Instead, they ignored the whispers and continued to work in harmony.

Steve let out a cough before he walked in the room with Bucky on his trial, and Elenora waited a few seconds before pulling out of the fridge and sending him a smile.

"Hi dad," Elenora said, closing the fridge as she met eyes with Bucky, "Hi dad."

Connor only reacted when he heard Elenora's voice, too lost in thought to hear anything before. He looked up and offered both dads a smile, before focusing again on the food.

"You're making breakfast," Steve notes as he slid into a seat at the island, and Bucky followed suit, not really sure what to do.

"We are," Elenora agreed, setting plates in front of Bucky and Steve with a wild smile. "Just for you."

Just for you make Connor stifled a laugh, because he knew that nothing Elenora did was just anything for anyone, and considering their 8 AM agreement from just half an hour ago.

"I know that look," Steve announced, a skeptical expression rising. Connor's face quickly smoothed out, but it was too late. "What are you up to?"