- confessions of the hurt -

sorry in advance for the middle; it leads to something cute- i promise

comment and vote lovelies :)

ELENORA WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY

In fact, Elenora was having an extremely good day because 1) she was eating cake and 2) she was on her couch eating cakes in pajamas.

It was all thanks to Steve, honestly, because he insisted that the three of them schedule the wedding cake testing for that day and no matter how much Bucky begged and begged, he would not let go.

"C'mon, Buck, it's a ten-minute trip, and we'll spend thirty minutes, max!"

A ten-minute trip? That caught Bucky's attention. Before Elenora could fully process what was going on, Steve was in a car, on his way to pick up some samples to bring back. After all, sometimes Bucky couldn't handle going out, and Steve tried to understand. Steve did his best to accommodate to what Bucky could and couldn't do, and Bucky would do the same.

Hence the ten cake boxes on the coffee table of the Rogers-Barnes.

"Why did you even bother getting carrot cake?" Bucky whined, opening the container to cake number six. "Hell, Steve, nobody even likes carrot cake."

"Well, maybe Elenora does!" Steve defended, and both boys turned to look at their daughter, who was hiding her face in a slice of red velvet. But Steve was desperate; "El?"

Miserably, Elenora looked up, shamefully shaking her head.

Bucky was pleased by this, shouting "Told ya!" on the top of his lungs, digging into strawberry shortcake, as Steve shook his head, rolled his eyes, and ate a slice over a blueberry cream cake. Trying to hide a smile, Elenora moved on to a lemon cake, smiling at the taste. Man, it was good, really good.

Eventually, Bucky, Steve, and Elenora had all had their fair share of cake tasting, and Bucky asked, "So, El-Bell, which did you like best?"

From her place lounged on the couch, Elenora glanced at her dad amused. "El-Bell?" Bucky sent her a look, then gestured her to continue. "Fine," she waved it off, looking back at the options. "I think I liked the lemon the best. Or the Strawberry."

With his arms crossed over his chest, Steve asked Bucky, "Which was yours?"

Bucky shrugged, observing the cakes in front of him. After a moment, he answered, "I think the fudge one."

Elenora shifted, turning to face Steve with her feet tucked under her. "What about you, Pops?"

As Steve raised an eyebrow, Bucky sent her a mocking look and questioned, "Pops?"

Squinting her eyes, Elenora repeated, "El-Bell?"

Bucky shrugged- fair enough.

"Personally," Steve started, gaining the attention of his soon-to-be husband and his daughter with one word. "Okay, and listen before you judge, you two-"