- buckyandsteve -

"YOU'RE KIDDING ME

"YOU'RE KIDDING ME."

"I swear I'm being one hundred percent honest," Natasha promised, her hands raised in innocence, the object in question dangling dangerously between her index and middle finger. Even with her plea, Elenora noticed a glimmer of mischief in her eye. "They didn't tell you because-"

"Because I'm not five," Elenora repeated for what seemed the fifth time that morning.

The two women held each other's stare for a few seconds before Elenora broke off with a huff, rolling her eyes as she grabbed the item from Natasha's hand.

A grin broke out on the older woman's face as Elenora observed the item in question.

"Fine," Elenora puffed out a confirmation that Natasha was expecting sooner or later, her eyes seeing the fake purple and blue flowers that decorated the band, her fingers brushing against the white ribbon that twirled at the end of the crown. Elenora's eyes flickered back up to Natasha. "I'm not five."

"I know," Natasha repeated, her grin not wavering. With her now free hand, she brushed back her curled red hair as she offered, "I could help you put it on if you'd like."

"I've got it," Elenora promised lamely. "I'm sure you have Bridgit to help out. I heard she feels a little bit older than fifteen in that dress. You better go sort that out."

It was Natasha who rolled her eyes this time, her hand squeezing Elenora's shoulder as she pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I will, Ellie."

And then Natasha had slipped away, and Elenora was alone with her flower band and ahead full of dark curls.

With one hand, Elenora smoothed out the fabric of her dark pink dress, mumbling a few more comments as she bowed her head in the mirror, laying the crown cautiously on her head, and then pushing it down so it'd stick.

Another sigh escaped Elenora's mouth as her fingers combed through her curls, adjusted to the headpiece. Her eyes focused again on her reflection, a small laugh leaving her mouth.

She looked silly. Like an out-of-place, over-grown flower girl.

But it was the request of her dads and if this floweriness was what it took to make them happy on their big day, she'd go through with it.

Content with her appearance, Elenora left her bedroom, closing the door behind her. n the living room, Connor and Bridgit were fuming about something or another. Natasha had gone to sit on the island, but as much as Elenora wanted to mention how unnecessary the hairpiece was, she had other things to be doing.

So instead, Elenora walked to Bucky and Steve's room, where Bucky was getting ready.

She knocked once, then twice before she heard her dad's "Come in."