- dueling duets -

LUCKY FOR ELENORA, waking up to Bucky and Steve was fairly graceful

LUCKY FOR ELENORA, waking up to Bucky and Steve was fairly graceful. By the time she had rustled herself enough to pull her from a deep sleep, Steve and Bucky were already up; well, Steve was fully up, and Bucky was mumbling into his pillow anytime Steve's voice died off. Before she had risen from the pillow, Elenora picked up on a conversation.

"Could we possible get-"

"Bucky, before you even say it, that would be too much wor-"

"Excuse you, ill have you know, Mr.America, after seventy years-"

"For goodness sake, not this story again."

"Watch your tone with me."

After the laughter that followed suit had died down, Elenora pried her eyes open, her vision being greeted by the side of Bucky.

His maroon shirt held a pattern that Elenora hadn't noticed before, and perhaps she'd be content with studying it for a few minutes, but instead, Bucky noticed she was awake and greeted her.

"Mornin', Doll," he greeted, moving his hand to ruffle her hair, but Elenora dodged his attack playfully; Bucky saw this coming, and maneuvered so he'd get her anyway. "Ready to rise and shine?"

Just thinking about starting the day  made Elenora sleepy all over again, and she let out and yawn as she asked the time.

Steve answered, "Its eight-oh-three, you still tired?" He glanced over at Bucky, "you did get in here a little late," he rationalized, and Bucky nodded in agreement.

"I'm just out of it," she explained, stretching a little bit before reaching for more of the blanket. Man, was she cold. "Did you guys sleep alright?" She asked, pulling at the duvet. "I know I came in pretty late and then woke you up and I sometimes move in my sleep-"

Bucky interrupted her small rant. "I slept like a baby,  and you, Steve?"

He smirked and played along, "Best sleep of my life."

Elenora laughed lightly and nudged Bucky's arm, leaning slightly on him. Steve took this as an opportunity to talk about the days plans.

"Look, Elenora," he called, and Elenora's head snapped up to meet his eye level. "Me and Buck, we were wondering if you'd be alright with going to training today?"

Elenora looked at him, puzzled, and Bucky took over the conversation.

"What we are trying to say is that if you're not feeling up for training because of what happened the last couple of days-which is a lot for a kid to deal with-we won't blame you. We can find a way to-"

"I'm fine," she assured them, and it was as much as a lie as she wanted to believe it was. Truthfully, the main things that made her feel as though she could handle it all was 1) the new skill she discovered and 2) Peter had to go through the same. And besides, if she didn't do this, it's only be a longer time that she wouldn't be in on the Avenger loop. "Really. I've got it under control."