- eggshells -

the first half of this book needs to be rewritten tbh 

did ya'll ever watch Red Band Society?

please like and vote! it makes me v happy :)

ELENORA ROGERS WASN'T FULLY RECOVERED.

A clear tell-tale of that was the diagonal stitches around a red, inflamed circle on the left side of her chest.

Elenora wasn't cured, she wasn't fixed, and in the eyes of her fathers, she was not ready.

"There is no way," bucky denied as Elenora rolled her eyes for like the seventeenth time that day. "Don't do that! There is no way you're going to training. You just got shot, Elenora."

"That was like two weeks ago!" Elenora whined, pushing her self away from the island to follow her dad around the kitchen. "I'm so much better now."

Steve, emerging from his bedroom, called out to Bucky, "Is she still going?"

Bucky glanced away from his coffee. "Yep."

"Dad!" Elenora shouted, rushing towards Steve because everyone in the family knew he was much weaker when it came to saying no. "Dad - C'mon!"

A door shut before she could make it out into the hallway. Elenora rolled her eyes for the eighteenth time.

"C'mon guys!" she shouted both to Bucky and Steve from the middle point between them. "I'm perfectly fine!"

She was greeted with silence, and Elenora let out a loud groan before she heard the sound of an opening door behind her.

Connor.

"Woah, Ellie, chill out," he told her, almost seriously before adding, "Don't wanna give your self any heart problems, right?"

"I'm gonna kill you!" she shouted, lunging at him, but Connor was dodging her attack, slipping under her arm before appearing on the other side of her, hands raised, his hair widely splayed across his face.

"Out of practice much?" he chided cockily, a very confident smirk rising on his face as he brushed his hair out of his face.

Elenora practically fuming at this point, and her eyes were darting around the hallway, looking for something to throw; her eyes landed on a decoration bowl on the side table to her left, and just as she grabbed it, someone's hand was on hers.

"Alright, enough," Steve said, his tone very calm as he placed the bowl back on the table, and pressed his hand against Elenora's shoulder. "Have you eaten?"

"I'm not hungry," Elenora argued, narrowing her eyes at Connor who was rolling his eyes at her and grabbing a piece of toast from Bucky. Her face falling into a pout, Elenora looked back up at Steve with a puppy dog face, "Please, Dad? I really need this."