- in the dark -

small chapter, but please comment and vote, cuties :)

"PETER, THE POINT IN TAKING Josie for a walk to actually have her walk!"

"El, she doesn't want to walk! Look at her - she's exhausted."

A barely agitated smile fell to Elenora's lips as she watched Peter cradle her dog in his arms, completely enjoying the licks she'd press to his face every twenty seconds. Elenora had to admit - it was cute. Since he'd arrived at her house this morning, Peter had been completely enamored by the presence of the small puppy just like Elenora had.

But still, Josie had to walk.

Elenora reached forward, gently tugging Josie from Peter's warm arms, informing his now sad expression, "My dad said she has to be able to walk long distances." Elenora held readjusted her grip on the purple leash Bucky handed to her and Peter this morning. "And she needs to learn as soon as possible."

Peter nodded, watching as the dog pranced forward, her tongue hanging out and wagging as she checked out her surroundings. So much for tired.

"I think it's cool you're training her to be a service dog," Peter said, shoving his hands in his pockets to protect his fingertips from the brisk morning air. It was only the beginning of August,  and the temperature was significantly dropping. "Was it Bucky's idea?"

Brushing her hair behind her ear, Elenora nodded. "Yeah, he thinks it'll be good to have a dog like that around the Avengers." Pulling her eyes away from the trees just in front of them, Elenora added, "Y'know, since the last therapist they hired was kinda psycho and tried to kill my dad."

"We don't really have a good track record with therapists," Peter agreed, making eye contact as the both of them broke out into laughter.

Josie stared back at them, confused, but continued walking.

"Patrol is back on tonight," Elenora mentioned after a pause of silence. Peter nodded. "It's been a while."

"Yeah," he agreed, pausing thoughtfully for a second. "You know, the last time we were really on patrol, I think you confessed your love for me."

Gawking, Elenora shoved her shoulder at Peter, correcting, "Uh, I think it was the other way around!"

"Agree to disagree," Peter said, earning yet another nudge from Elenora. He smirked down at her before beginning again.

"I'm glad to get out of the house," Elenora admitted absent mindedly, brushing her hair behind her ear with her free hand. Just as she said that Josie decided to break into a quick sprint, dragging Elenora along with her. Short legs stopped Josie from getting too far before tiring out, and it only took Peter a few seconds to jog and catch up.

"What's going on at home?" Peter questioned when the two slowed to a normal walk. Josie looked back at them, and Elenora swore she saw a glimmer of mischief in her eyes. "Something happen?"