- evaluations -

what's up guys?

(Also second update in a week, let's go!!! comment and vote please :))

IT WAS STEVE WHO was waking Elenora the next morning. All night, they had been playing catch up, and though Elenora had dodged every single question he and Bucky had about which superheroes had visited Charles' place, they still managed to talk late into the night. So late, in fact, that Elenora had fallen asleep on Steve's shoulder, forcing him to carry her to her room and tuck her in.

As much and Steve hated to do it, he needed to wake Elenora up.

His hand brushed her hair as he spoke softly, "C'mon, Ellie, get up. We've got to you get to the Compound."

In response, Elenora just groaned and shifted away from Steve, who let out another sigh at his failed fifth attempt to wake her up. She needed sleep, he told himself. He should just let her sleep.

Bucky, however, had other plans.

"She still asleep?" he checked, and without looking up, Steve nodded, reaching for Elenora's shoulder this time. That should definitely get her up, he told himself. "Can you hand me that pillow?"

Without turning away from his sleeping daughter, Steve nodded and handed Bucky the decorative pillow at Elenora's feet.

He waited a moment, watching his fiance enjoy the sight of their sleeping kid, and then Bucky threw the pillow, nailing Elenora in the head.

"Buck!" Steve yelled, turning away from Elenora who was surely up by then, mumbling "what?" and trying to make ut the scene in front of her. Needless to say, she was confused.

"Dads?" she mumbled, rubbing her head with the palm of her hand as her eyes fell on Steve, who looked like he'd been sitting at the edge of her bed for a long time. He had an upset face on as he stared at Bucky, who was shrugging. "Is something wrong?"

"I tried waking you up nicely," Steve explained, shooting a look to Bucky, who rolled his eyes. "We've got to get you to training. For evaluations before Clint and Tasha's next mission."

"Evaluations?" Elenora repeated, her foggy brain trying to piece everything together.

Bucky piped in, "For patrol. With Peter."

It took Elenora exactly seven minutes and forty-two seconds to get dressed, brush her teeth, wash her face, and pack a bag for training. It took another four minutes for her to down a bowl of oatmeal and some sliced up apples.

"Either someone learned something about the speed at that school of theirs or you're really excited to see Aunt Tasha," Bucky commented, placing Elenora's dishes in the sink as she drank a glass or orange juice.

"Is Peter gonna be there?" Elenora asked, not noticing the look her dads exchanged. From over at the table.

Steve continued wiping the table as he said, "There is a sparring session of the tests, so yes, I guess he might be there."