- "why a dentist's office?" -

to that person i promised bucky magnets scene to: took me two years, but i did it. hope u still read this lol

about the previous update (if you saw it) : all is fixed. thanks for the support ily all so much

OF ALL THE PATROLS Elenora had participated in, she had never received an injury more serious than a minor bruise

Peter had never suffered anything more than a sprained ankle.

And though it may seem like there is always safety in numbers, Elenora and Peter were not always the luckiest people, and this night would prove just that.

To be fair, it wasn't like they knew a new criminal was on the streets. No one did. this particular villain targeted the poorer neighborhoods, ensuring the residents would not contact the police.

One of Elenora's thesis' for a research paper was that the more poverty, the less police contact. This was a prime example.

The day went fairly simple. Elenora woke up, ate breakfast, walked Josie, and followed her dads to training. 

And everything, for the most part, was normal.

Since Elenora's almost freak-out, everything had calmed down. After a few days, she talked Peter into not treating her like she was going to die any second, and the energy surge that faded away never came back.

There was, however, a faint hum of electricity that never stopped buzzing in the back of Elenora's head. She could hear it every second. Every silent moment the buzzing would break through, and make Elenora try to shake it out of her.

Currently, she was trying to ignore it.

"Peter," she called, jogging down the length of the building they were perched upon. It had been an hour, and neither of them had seen anything more than lost child or mild purse napping. "Should we get on to the next block?"

With his mask off to get a better look, Peter shook his head.

Squinting, Elenora took another step forward, trying to see what was making Peter hesitant to leave. he did this sometimes; though Elenora was oblivious, Peter could tell something was going to happen.

When Elenora first asked him about it, Peter referred to it as his "spidey sense". She was quick to roll her eyes and assume that he saw something she didn't - like a shadow or a footprint or something.

But now Elenora wasn't sure how valid that assumption was - she couldn't find anything out of place. They had been at that exact location for five minutes, and Elenora had checked, double checked, and triple checked for anything out of the ordinary. There were no scared civilians, no sketchy figures lurking in alleyways, and no flickering street lights. All street cameras were in order and working properly.

At first, Elenora thought she was just being impatient. She'd been feeling that a lot lately - jitters running through her, twitches when she was waiting for replies, and worse of all, she could never get her foot to stop tapping.