- first dates -

just some fluff for y'all

comment and vote, loves :)

ELENORA WAS FACING POSSIBLY the most testing moment of her life

It was 12:43 PM on a August Saturday; it was six days before the wedding, three days before Bridgit and Connor arrived as guests for the party, and four hours before Elenora had her first date with Peter Parker.

That is, if she could convince her dads to let her go.

As she eased herself into the chair across from Steve, Elenora knew that she wasn't going to present the event as a date; she'd never leave the house with that route. All she could do - and would do - was tell the truth. But simplify it.

Looking up from his papers, Steve smiled at Elenora, and set down his pen.

She was going to really simplify it.

Elenora sent a forced smile to her dad, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Before she spoke, she swallowed hard. "Hey, Dad, I was wondering if I could hang out with Peter today?"

To his daughter's relief, Steve did not show any signs of initial judgement at her request. Instead, he shrugged, and looked over to Bucky who was standing at the kitchen island.

"What do you think, Buck?" Steve said, pressing his hands to the table.

As Bucky thought about it, Elenora felt energy tingling on her arms.

She tried to brush it off.

"I'm good with that," Bucky shrugged, spooning some cereal before asking, "does Jade or Ned need a ride?"

And that was what Elenora was avoiding. It was like Bucky knew the exact question she had been praying that didn't come up.

Oh well. Now that it had, Elenora needed to say something to fulfill Bucky's question while not lying by omission, so she started by just shaking her head. And then, after a few seconds, she managed to say, "Uh, no. Nope." There was a pause, like Bucky and Steve were waiting for more words.

Like they knew what she was trying to hide.

(So much for keeping the whole date idea undercover.)

Elenora let out a sigh and squeezed her eyes shut before elaborating, "No, they don't need a ride because they, uh, won't be going."

"Just you and Peter?" Steve revised, and Elenora swallows hard again, nodding.

"Like a date?" Bucky asked calmly, making Elenora's cheeks flush in embarrassment.

As terrifying and horrendous as this conversation seemed, Elenora knew there was only one way out of this conversation- she had superheroes for dads, she couldn't lie. Hell, they could probably hear her heart speeding up at any given moment.