- resent & worry -

IT WAS EASY TO SAY THAT among her father's leaving, her broken ankle, and now mandatory time with Peter Parker, Elenora was not thrilled

IT WAS EASY TO SAY THAT among her father's leaving, her broken ankle, and now mandatory time with Peter Parker, Elenora was not thrilled. Not even content. Not even close to anything that was a synonym of happy.

All she needed was a nap or a break or a vacation or an aspirin, because at this point her head was throbbing just thinking about going back to school.

How could she sit in a class knowing very well that her fathers were out there risking their lives? How could she sit next to Peter Parker when he didn't think she was strong enough to fight?

All she knew is that she Bucky and Steve did not want to hear about their daughter fighting her friends while on a mission, and so she knew she couldn't do that.

Instead, Elenora opted for the petty way out of things- she would just ignore Peter.

She got this brilliant idea when she was in the car with Coulson, listening to him talk about his past encounters with Steve. She ignored him- not purposely of course- so why couldn't she just ignore Peter?

And so she did, try, that is, because not talking to someone and completely ignoring them were to very different things.

"Elenora!" Peter called, and Elenora walked faster, adjusting her grip on her backpack strap. Unfortunately, Phil had dropped her off ten minutes before school started, and while that was usually a regular occurrence for Elenora, that day it just meant she'd have to spend ten more minutes avoiding Parker  who, thanks to Tony, had the exact same schedule as her  "Elenora, please," he please, as Elenora rounded a corner in pursuit of her locker. She thought her self through the code so she wouldn't mess up, all the while Peter continued. "Elenora, look, I know you're mad-"

Elenora swung open her locker, almost hitting Peter in the process. She wanted to apologize, but figured that didn't fit her act. Instead, she pulled it back towards her, accidentally skimming Peter's fingers. She tried to brush it off, but with all that she had gone through in the last 24 hours, Elenora wanted one thing.

But she wasn't about to stop being angry over a hug .

"Elenora," Peter called again, his voice lower now- people were flooding the hallway  "just please, talk to me."

Elenora closed her locker, and stepped forward, closer to Peter. "You didn't think I could handle it," she accused, her knuckles turning white from their grasp on her binder.

Peter shook his head, telling her that she was wrong. "I was worried you get hurt," he countered. "And you did." Elenora's jaw tightened as Peter motioned towards her ankle. Thanks to her father's super serum genes, she didn't need much time to heal, and was thankfully off the crutch. It would only strengthen Peter's point. "Elenora, I was trying to-"

Spinning on her heal, Elenora began to navigate the way to her first period class. Peter followed suit.

"Elenora-" he tried again, but she cut him off.