- new tricks, old hearts -

SEEING AN ASSASSIN, who hates people and help, sitting in a hospital room with a large frown on his face wasn't exactly what Elenora was expecting from Bucky

SEEING AN ASSASSIN, who hates people and help, sitting in a hospital room with a large frown on his face wasn't exactly what Elenora was expecting from Bucky. He was wearing what Elenora could identify as a S.H.E.I.L.D. uniform, and his foot was wrapped up and elevated; nothing about the picture seemed right.

Steve knocked on the window before entering.

"Rogers? Is that you?" Bucky asked, and Steve walked in nodded, Elenora in front of him. "I thought it'd be," he admitted to the other man, then looking to the girl. "Hey, Elenora, how was vacation?"

The joke made Elenora feel bad, but she wasn't going to admit it- she was, in fact, looking at an injured man. "You alright, Buck?" she asked, and he nodded, beckoning for Elenora to sit next to him. And she did, even though she was extremely uncomfortable. How could she be okay with one of the strongest, bravest men she knew, in a hospital bed? Hurt? It was like this was all her fault, maybe if they'd let her be involved she could've-

Bucky could sense her unrest. "I'm fine kid," he reassured her. "I've got the super serum in me. I just need a couple hours. Tops." His signature smirk was slightly cooling to the red hot anger and guilt burning in her stomach.

Steve was leaning against a wall, his arms crossed over his chest, watched Bucky with an unamused expression. "Oh, and did the doctors tell you that, Barnes?"

Bucky peered up at him with a faux annoyed smile. "As far as I know, Rogers, I have the right to deny myself medical assistance."

Steve let out a scoff, "Oh, and you think I'd just let you do that?"

Titling his head with his eyes squinted, Bucky asked, "How would you stop me? Break the law and try to keep me here? I'd doubt that, Captian, I don't think you're capable of doing anything illegal."

Steve smirked, "When it comes to you, Barnes, the amount of laws I would break is unbelievable."

Exsasperated, Bucky's head fell back against the pillows, as a laugh sounded from his chest. "A true gentleman, Steven," he praised. "Even when your date's in the hospital."

"Guess your momma raised me right," Steve joked, playing on the amount of time he used to spend at the Barnes household as a kid. Elenora almost felt completely content, the way they spoke to each other with out hate or resentment- she had seen nothing like this at her foster homes. She had just grown so accustomed to the screaming and fighting she never knew people could be so calm, dependable.

"Elenora," Steve called and Elenora whipped around to face him, caught in a precious moment she truly never wanted to end. Even if she didn't speak during it.  "Why don't you go hang out Nat?"