- "death by a thousand cuts" -

TSWIFT reference?? Heck yah

some of ya'll bout to be real mad at me right now.

please like and comment, lovelies :) it makes me so happy!

ELENORA CHARLOTTE ROGERS WASN'T SUICIDAL.

She swears she wasn't.

The roof wasn't for really jumping off, as she explained to Pietro, who found her on the ledge of said roof. She wasn't going to jump. She wasn't suicidal.

All she wanted, she told herself, was to see how much it took to see her again.

"You're insane," Pietro concluded as he clutched onto the girl's hand, guiding her down to the flat roof of the compound, and Elenora rolled her eyes. "You are crazy, Elenora. What would your-"

"I just wanted to see the view," Elenora lied, brushing off her pants as she yanked her hands away, walking with her back towards Pietro. Pietro may have believed it if Elenora's voice wasn't squeaky from being scared half to death from the height of the ledge, and the screaming of her name.

"There are windows," Pietro deadpanned, his hand shooting out to catch El's shoulders and spin her around. "Normal people watch the sunset from the windows," he told her, glancing behind himself at the gray sky and grassy fields. When he turned back around, his blue eyes pierced Elenora's. "But there is no sunset."

"Closer to sunrise," Elenora determined, turning to Pietro with a smile, but he didn't find anything in the situation funny. "Relax, Pietro," Elenora told him, walking down the rooftop. "I wasn't going to jump. Why does everyone assume someone would jump?" she wondered aloud.

"Then what were you doing, Elenora?"

She should have seen that coming, but she didn't. Elenora had been getting a lot of stuff like that lately.

Six AM rushes to the compound, early morning runs, and circuits and sunrises. Sunrises.

"Elenora," Pietro pressured, and the girl turned back to him, dazing back into reality.

Brushing her hair behind her ear, Elenora shrugged. "I've got a fear of heights. I'm trying to work on it."

"There are better ways."

"Please, Pietro," Elenora rolled her eyes, walking faster to the rooftop door. She had to get out of there before she actually admitted something truthful for once. "There are better ways to deal with Marley."

"I-" Pietro stopped, and the way he stammered made Elenora stop, and turn around. "I don't deal with Marley," he managed, locking eyes with her. "I care for her. And this isn't her."

"But it was before," Elenora stressed, not meanly, but softly. Nicely. As nice as an accusation could be.

"It was me before too," Pietro said, and Elenora felt something in her heart clutch. Something ached.