- old bedrooms and old blame -

here's Connor! took me forever to find the perfect angry dude with long enough hair (tied back) COMMENT AND VOTE LOVES :)

IT WAS SATURDAY'S designated Study Time, and Elenora, Bridgit, Peter, and a bunch others were playing tag.

And they most definitely weren't supposed to be, but man, was it fun.

Elenora was racing down the hall, a red ribbon in one hand, and a handful of energy occupying the other. Her legs pumped faster than she could ever remember, and as she heard the shouts and yells behind her, Elenora's grin could only widen.

Making a sharp left, Elenora swung herself around a corner, blocking out the shouting and rumbling from behind her. Focus on forward, focus on forward.

And so Elenora did. In fact, she was so focused on forward, she completely ignored Logan emerging from a classroom on her right, reaching out and grabbing her arm. Skidding to a stop, Elenora groaned, thinking that Bridgit had really caught up with her. Readying to start an entire rant on how her best friend probably cheated to get her, Elenora rolled her eyes as she turned to see Logan.

Immediately, the eye-roll paused and Elenora straightened out, trying to get her heartbeat to slow down. Logan, like always, did not look amused. "Professor Logan!" she exclaimed loudly, in an attempt to warn the others who were about to come trampling down the hallway like a herd of escapees from the zoo. When she said this, Elenora heard the mess behind her fall silent. "Hi."

Logan looked down the hallway, then back at Elenora skeptically. "Hi," he greeted, his tone a lot more angry that Elenora's was. Her hands sneaked to her back, hiding the energy and the ribbon. Logan's eyes trailed after her movement. "Want to tell me why you're running through the halls like there's a murderer after you?"

Elenora gulped. "Uh, no, not particulary Professor."

Then Logan proceeded to give Elenora a stare that compelled her to admit everything she'd ever done in her whole life, but before Elenora could go spilling about that time she tripped a girl Ava in the first grade, Charles appeared.

"Elenora," he called, pulling the young girl's eyes away from Logan. Noticing the expression on Logan's face, Charles tilted his head in mock confusion. "Is something wrong?"

Though she wished that she could have stayed perfectly still and calm, Elenora's mind was still resting on the bustling teens behind her. They were not going to get in trouble today, and Elenora would make sure of it. Subconsciously, the ball of energy in her threw itself at the wall behind her, rattling the bookcase.

A warning sign for the rebels to stand down.

"I'm sorry!" she exclaimed, staring down at her hand as if she hadn't realized the power was there. "I'm still working on that."

Charles glanced between Elenora and Logan. "I'm sure the bookcase will withstand it," he promised. "Is something going on?"

Logan watched Elenora carefully as she chose to keep her wide, innocent eyes on Charles, waiting to see how much Logan would spill. Logan responded, "No." A breath of relief flew from Elenora's nose, but she did her best to hide it from Charles. She was still hoping that the hoard of kids just around the corner had an escape plan.