Chapter 1: The Re-meeting

Iroh's P.O.V:

"What do you mean you can't come home, Iroh? It's your 23rd birthday and the whole Fire Nation celebrates it! If you wish, I can talk to Tenzin to let you come home.", my mother pleaded over the phone. I sighed:" No, mother. I can't. You know it's my wish to become General of the United Forces. And there isn't much left. It would take me months to travel to the Fire Nation. Nothing will happen if I celebrate alone. The Fire Nation can celebrate it when I'm not around too, mother."
"But Iroh-" "No mother. Republic City needs me more. I have to hang up, General Asuma is calling me. I love you mother, good bye." I hung up before she could even answer. I opened the door and rushed down to the meeting room. General Asuma was already waiting for me.
"Ah Admiral Iroh! It's good to see you!"
"Good afternoon, General Asuma. You have asked for me?"
"Yes, my son. As you know Admiral, there is not much left for you to become a General but there is still something left.", General Asuma grinned. Well...I knew that. I waited patiently for him to continue. "You will have a mission. There are leftovers of Ozai's fellows, who refuse to accept Fire Lord Zuko as the head of the Fire Nation. They terrorize the Northern Watertribe. I want you and your crew to capture those rogues and bring them to the United Nations."
I nodded. Just this tiny mission and all my hard work would pay off. "Oh! There's another thing, I almost forgot to tell you. You will have a new crew member or better said a new navigator since Edon left the UF."
"I will take care of that...when will he arrive?"
"The new navigator will start in one week. Till then you have free. Prepare for the mission, Iroh."
I saluted and got dismissed.
At least we have a new navigator. That was about time.

Saira's P.O.V:

"So...that's Republic City, my new home.", I thought to myself. I stepped off the ship and called a cab to bring me to my new home. I helped the driver with my luggages and sat into the cab. As I drove past several buildings, I realized Republic City wasn't as luxurious as everyone claimed. Soon I got to the wealthier part of the city, where my new build house was standing. "You really thought of everything, dad.", I laughed as I saw my house, which was built in a typical Fire Nation style. The driver took out my luggages and put it in front of my door. Then he asked me to pay and drove back the way, we came.
I stared at my luggages and sighed: "Great. I knew I shouldn't have pack that much. How am I gonna deal with five luggages?"
Suddenly a voice raised behind me:"Excuse me, may I help you Miss?" "Thank you god!", I thought. As I turned around, I saw a handsome, young man with dark hair and golden eyes. Somehow, I knew this man. "Oh, yes. That would be really nice of you, thank you, Sir.", I smiled.
He took two luggages and carried them into the house as I followed him with one, he then walked out again and took the last two. I thanked him and offered him to stay for tea, which he agreed on. While I made tea, I asked him to sit in the living room. Meanwhile I kept thinking, where I saw him.
As the tea finished, I brought it into the living room, where the handsome young man was sitting. "Thank you, Miss. I see you only brought one cup. Won't you drink any tea?", he asked.
I raised my head and looked him into his eyes and smiled: "Oh, no. I am not really a fan of tea. I drink it rarely."
"But you know how to make some delicious", he smiled. At that compliment, I blushed. Suddenly, I realized, why his face was so familiar to me. "Now I know where I've seen you before...yes! I got it! You are Li!", I smiled brightly. He looked shocked at me. "Did I say something wrong?", I asked. " No...you didn't. It's just, I can't remember you. Can you tell me more?", he asked with a pale face. "Of course I can. We met at Ember Island. You were pretty drunk, maybe that's why you can't remember me.", I answered. I could see the relief on his face but then again, he looked nervous:" I-I didn't misbehave with you or did I? If yes I'm really sorry."
My smile faded as fast as it came:" Actually you did...I thought, I could forget that night...but you remembered me again." I walked in front of him and looked him into his eyes. Li was sweating and pale. "You didn't sing with me", I giggled. Li's face relaxed. "I'm sorry, but I had to do that. My siblings, our friends and me were sitting at the beach and were singing. Suddenly you appeared and asked if you could join but you haven't said a single word since then. You scared the hell out of me and that was the only way to take revenge.", I explained. Li took a deep breath and laughed:" I understand. I'm sorry for scaring you and not singing with you. By the way...you have a different accent. I guess you're not from the Capital and not from here?" "No, I'm not. I'm from Ember Island and I just moved here. Or better said now." "Well...that's what I expected. There are only two kind of people who talk like you: The Royal Family and citizens of Ember Island...welcome to Republic City uhm..." "My name is Saira. Nice to meet you. What do you mean by" two kind of people who talk like me"?", I asked. "Well...you know...that snobby accent.", Li gestured. "Oh really? You don't talk different from me.", I answered. "Well, that's because I was raised in a wealthy family just like you, I guess." I nodded and we spent a few more hours talking about the Fire Nation. During that, I closed my eyes to listen to his voice. Gosh it was so beautiful. I didn't realize that I smiled until Li called me:" I'm sorry...am I boring you?" "No...you aren't. I'm just listening to your voice. Did anyone ever tell you how beautiful it is?", I asked. He looked at me, eyes widened. I guess no one ever told him that. Then he smiled:" No...you are the first one. Thank you." I smiled and felt my cheeks burn. Li then stood up and gestured to leave. "Before I forget, Saira. If you need any help, I live four houses further. Just ask me if you need anything.", he offered. I nodded and thanked him. As Li left, I explored my new house, which was similar to my parents house, just a lot smaller. Furnitures and other stuff were already here I just had to unpack my luggage.

A/N: Hope you liked the first chapter \(^_^)/.
In case you are a Yugioh-fan, check out my newest story Past and Present!