Chapter 55: Daddy's little girl

Saira's P.O.V

"No! No! I haven't done anything! I'm innocent!", the CEO of Cabbage Corp was yelling when Lin's men took him away. The police have found evidences that he was helping the equalists, posters, gloves, everything. But I was still not convinced that it was the CEO. He is a business man and would not be so stupid to fight against his customers, who were benders too. And he didn't have any reason to be on Amon's side. I looked over to Korra who gave me a questioning look. I guess she wasn't convinced either.

"What do you think?"

"Sabotage? I believe him, he is innocent. Have you found out anything, Korra?"

"Yes."

I looked at her surprised. Korra was a very confident girl and I liked that about her. She reminded me of myself.

"Tell me."

"There is a secret room in Sato's house."

I looked at her sceptically. Was she serious? This kinda reminded me of the secret tunnel story, Katara told me. But I learned not to underestimate the Avatar's instincts. Korra looked at me, waiting for an answer.

"Then it's time to pay Hiroshi a visit."

Korra nodded and we made our way to the Sato Mansion with Lin and Tenzin accompanied. As we knocked on the door, an annoyed Asami opened the door:"You have already gone through our house how many evidences do you need to understand that my father is not working with the equalists?"
Behind her, Mako appeared. I didn't like the way he yelled at Korra and looked at him. His aura told me that he could not decide between his girlfriend and Korra.
After a never ending discussion, Asami finally told us where her father was. Hiroshi was behind the house, working on new inventions. As we reached the hall, nobody was inside. Asami called out for her father several times but no one answered. Sadness was written on her face and triumph but also pity on Korra's. Lin felt something, a passage under her feet and used metalbending to make an entrance to it. There it was, Korra's secret tunnel theory. Tenzin, Lin, Korra and I decided to go down. Asami, Bolin and Mako would stay upstairs, although they protested, our decision was final. It was a wonder that Korra accompanied us because she was underaged and it would be too dangerous for her. But she was the Avatar and at her age, I travelled the world and was a part of the Fire Nation Military.
Soon we reached an underground hall. It was huge and everywhere Amon's posters were seen as well as new inventions and robots. I was shocked, although I was aware that Hiroshi was on the equalists' side, thanks to Korra.
We walked through the hall, when I suddenly heard a noise.

"Watch out!", I warned Lin, who was attacked by a robot. Fortunately she was able to dodge the attack and in the same time she protected me too because I didn't notice the other one behind me. In front of me, a rock landed. One centimeter nearer and it would have hit me. I turned around to see Bolin, Mako and Asami who were fighting against the men in uniforms. Asami was beating up a man to Bolin and Mako's surprise.

Aw that's what I taught her, I was so proud of Asami.

Suddenly I heard someone scream. The person, where the terrible noise was coming from, was Tenzin. He was unconscious but I couldn't tell why because I didn't see what happened. Bolin sprinted to Tenzin and picked him up and I seriously wondered where this boy got all his strength from because Tenzin was an adult and I bet pretty heavy. I heard footsteps behind me and turned around quickly to see Hiroshi raising his fist. I dodged his attack and punched his face. This was not very ladylike but I didn't care. I missed this feeling. I missed fighting. But this time, firebening was not allowed since it would be unfair because Hiroshi was not able to bend.

"How could you?!"

"You damn firebenders killed my wife!"

"We helped you!"

"After she was killed by you!"

This was enough. This man was insane and every respect I had for him faded within seconds. I didn't care who he was anymore, I just wanted him to get his punishment.

"Papa! Stop!"

I turned around to see Asami. She was still shocked by the whole situation. She had shock, disappointment, shame and fear in her eyes. She had never seen her father like this.

"Asami..."

"Why?"

"Asami...I didn't want you to find out this way-"

"Why Papa?"

"They took your mother away from me...the woman I loved. Those...bastards called benders."

"Have you forgotten that they helped you? Helped us, Papa?"

"After their sin...and the worst part of this...facade was that I had to see you with this bending street dog together!"

Mako was about to do or say something, I didn't care what he wanted, but I stopped him. This was something between father and daughter and no one should interfere.

"Asami...let's start afresh...join me...let's revenge your mother's death together..."

Hiroshi was holding the glove, that was used to make benders and non benders unable to fight, in his hands. Asami looked at it and I prayed that she was making the right decision, if not, I had not other choice than fight her, the girl I loved like my own daughter.
To my disappointment and shock, she accepted her father's offer. Asami turned put on the glove, turned it on and I mad myself ready but she did something unexpectable.

"I'm sorry Papa.", was all she said before she attacked her father.

Hiroshi fell to the ground immediately and didn't move. He wasn't dead because the lighting of the glove wasn't that dangerous but I was shocked of Asami's action. I could not imagine myself defying my father even if I knew he was going the wrong path. But Asami just did. And I was not only surprised, I was proud that she could tell apart what was right and what was wrong.

The little, innocent daddy's little girl has grown to a strong, independent woman and her name was Asami Sato.

____________

A/N: I was looking for Asami and Hiroshi Sato pics and found this...I died because I laughed so much haha

I died because I laughed so much haha