Chapter 7: The Dead Man's Cave

Saira's P.O.V

As Jack said my name, my eyes widened. I was aware that people knew who I was but I haven't heard my name since days.
"I prefer to be called Li.", I stated.
"Sure "Li".", Jack grinned.
I then put on my uniform and followed Jack, who was waiting for me until I was done, outside. Our fleets were at a different place now. I could see a giant rock in front of me. It was more like a mountain. Soon I realized that it was an island. "Missed it my little pearl?", Jack asked. I looked at him with a shocked face then I realized that he was talking to Saira. She just nodded and kept staring at the rock. "I have a little surprise for you, my pearl." Saira finally looked at Jack:"What is it?"
"Uh, uh. As I said, it's a surprise. Let's reach the Dead Man's Cave first."
Saira sighed and looked at me. I just stood there and looked back at her. Guess we stood there staring for a few minutes until Jack finally broke the awkwardness by taking our hands and dragging us off the ship. He led us to the entrance of the rock and opened the giant door. "Welcome to the Dead Man's Cave", Jack smirked.
Saira, my crew and I entered and were welcomed by a huge crowd. Saira was hugged by a middle-aged. woman, who looked cleaner than Jack. Jack pushed the woman aside and talked to her. "Where's the surprise?", Saira yelled. Jack and the woman raised their heads and smiled. The woman then walked up to me and smiled:"My name is Esme. You've already met my husband, Jack. Welcome at our little island." "Thank you, Miss. My name is Lieutenant Li. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Then she turned her attention back to Saira and took her with her, leaving us alone with Jack and his people.

"So...why do you call yourself Li?", I was asked suddenly. "I have a reason."
Jack grinned and took me upstairs. There was an old lady sitting on a chair or better said throne. "Who did you bring me, son?", she asked. Jack walked up and kissed her hand:" This is His Royal Highness, Prince Iroh II of the Fire Nation. He prefers to be called Li."
"Hm...I see", the old woman gestured me to kiss her hand. I looked to Jack. He nodded nervously, so I did as gestured. "This is mother Esmeralda, Li. She is the head of our little island and Esme's mother.", Jack explained. "You're here because of the contract, aren't you?", She asked.
"Pardon? I'm sorry but I don't have a clue what you're talking about, Madam", I stated. Mother Esmeralda looked suspiciously at Jack. "Of course he is here because of the contract", he smiled nervously,"He is here so this incident doesn't happen again. He wants us to let him pass our area, whenever he wishes." Jack sweated. Was this woman really that terrifying? "They have Minho's little girl, Saira. If you agree with this contract, she will take care of all the rules and formalities.", Jack explained hysterically."Hmm...since your little pearl is a part of his crew, I agree on it. But I want to discuss everything in detail with Saira first.", Mother Esmeralda stated,"ask her to come to me when you two are downstairs." Jack nodded and kissed her hand again, then he waited for me to do the same gesture. As I did, we walked back down. "Is she really that terrifying? ", I asked. Jack wiped his sweat from his forehead:" Lemme tell ya: you don't want to make her upset or see her upset. I did once and boy, I still regret it."

I soon realized that this was a "house". It reminded me of the air temples but the cave was still left natural. Soon enough I found Saira, who had a little kid in her arms. I smiled as she cut faces for the baby and soon I joined.
"I see you got a new best friend?", I teased.
"Oh, yeah. That's Pearl. Pearl that's Li", she introduced with a childish voice,"but ssssshhhhhhh don't tell Rin that Pearl became my best friend."
I smiled and was soon joined by Jack and Esme: "How do you like your surprise?"
"I still can't believe you guys have a daughter and didn't tell me before. I just love her.", Saira squealed.

Saira's P.O.V

I gave Pearl back to Esme and walked up the path to greet mother Esmeralda and spent a few hours with her. Then I walked back downstairs to look for Li and the crew. I found Li pretty drunk and next to him Jack, who was giving him another drink. I shook my head because I knew Jack would push Li to his limits. So I walked straight to Li and took the drink from his hand. "Watcha doin?", Li asked. I looked in Jack's way, who was grinning. Jack loved to see people drunk and weird. It reminded him of himself, he told me once. Since the crew was clever enough to stay at the ships, I took Li's hand and dragged him to the ship. Li was blabbering something, I couldn't understand but I really didn't care.
As we reached the ship, I took him downstairs to his cabin but suddenly he pushed me against the wall, his body pressed against mine. Li stared into my eyes, his face only a few inches away from mine, his hand on my waist. "Do you realize how beautiful you are?", he asked with his lips pressed against my ear. "Do you realize how drunk you are?", I asked. He then pressed his body harder against mine and whispered:"It still doesn't make a difference. You're breathtaking." I shuddered and pushed Li away. "Go to sleep Li, you really need it", I said and kissed his cheek,"Good night." I pushed him into his cabin and closed the door. Then I went to my room and locked myself, still feeling every touch of Li and his breath in my ear and on my skin.
I didn't know what was wrong with me. I shouldn't have let this happen but still I did. Normally I didn't let anyone touch me like Li just did. No matter in which situation.
Then something crossed my mind. Now I knew what was wrong with me.
I have fallen for Li.

Hope you liked the chapter! In case you are a Yugioh-fan, please check out my newest story Past and Present!