Chapter 4: Forever alone

Saira's P.O.V

Li explained me that we had to capture people who didn't accept Fire Lord Zuko as the head of the Fire Nation. This wasn't actually something bad because everyone has an other opinion. But the bad thing was, that they terrorized the Northern Watertribe.
Li told me we had two days time to get ready and pack. So we got dismissed and I took a cab to drive home. Li had to stay HQ to discuss a few things.
As I reached home, I prepared myself some food for dinner. As I finished, I heard a knock on the door.
"Who could that be at this time?", I thought to myself. As I opened the door, I saw Li with a package. He didn't look good he was very pale and had circles under his eyes. "I've forgotten to give you your uniforms.", Li said. His voice sounded exhausted. I took the package and touched his hand briefly. He was burning. I brought the package into the living room and rushed back to Li. Then I placed my hand on his forehead:"Li, you're burning! You have high fever!" "It'll be okay.", he whispered. "No, it won't. Come in.", I pulled him in. As I closed the door, I took his wrist and asked him to follow me to the bedroom. "I want you to take off your jacket and everything that's under it. And your shoes.", I said. Li looked with a shocked face at me. "You can keep your pants.", I rolled my eyes. I told him to lay down when he was finished. Meanwhile I rushed down and took three towels. Then I went to the kitchen and mixed vodka with vinegar in a bowl. As I finished I walked upstairs carefully. Li did what I told him to do and had his eyes closed. I wet a towel in the mixture and put it on his forehead. Li opened his eyes and looked at me:"What is that?" "It's vodka and vinegar mixed. I know it smells bad but it really helps when you have fever. I want you to sleep now. Oh and I will put some towels on your feet too." Li nodded and closed his eyes. I then did what I promised and kept changing the towels. At some point his fever got lower and I decided to watch him while he was sleeping. He looked so peaceful, I guessed him around 21. I stood up to open the window because vodka and vinegar didn't smell good together. At some point of the night, I fell asleep. In my dreams I heard his beautiful voice...

Iroh's P.O.V

As I woke up next morning, I felt much better and full of energy. I could see how Saira fell asleep on the chair. If someone didn't look at her eyes carefully, he would think that she was just sitting. Very ladylike. I tried to get up without waking Saira up but I failed.
She opened her eyes and smiled brightly:"I guess you're feeling better now?" "Yes, thank you. The mixture really helped.", I smirked. "I think you should get a shower. Towels, shampoo and bathrobes are in there", Saira pointed to a door. I knew it was useless to argue with her and did as she said. As I opened the door to the bathroom, I was reminded of the Fire Nation. I guessed it was the place where she really relaxed because there was a small library. One book was placed in front of the others. "Omashu - A Love Story", I read. I decided it was not wise to look through her stuff further as it was impolite and turned on the shower.
As I finished a bathrobe was already prepared as promised. I walked back to the bedroom to look for my clothes but couldn't find them. Then I went down to see Saira preparing breakfast. As she saw me, she smiled again. Somehow she looked fresh. "Good morning Li. Could you please help me?", she asked. I nodded and walked to her. She told me to put the cups on the table and to sit down. A few minutes later she joined me with two plates. She gave me one and kept one for herself. Saira prepared eggs with bacon. Before we started eating, we prayed first. As I started to eat, Saira poured tea in the cups. "I see you're drinking tea", I teased her. "Well, I told you that I drink tea rarely and on special occasions.", she finished and sipped her tea. "Ah, I see. So I'm something special huh?", I continued. Saira snorted in her tea and laughed. "Yes, you definitely are Li.", she giggled. "So...tell me something about yourself.", Saira suggested. "Uhm...well...my name's Li, I'm 22, I have two siblings, I'm the oldest, I'm from the capital.", I answered. Saira looked at me as if I've done something wrong. "What?" "Nothing.", she said. Women.
As we finished, Saira stood up and started cleaning. "Nice legs", I stated. Saira turned around:"Finally Someone appreciates them. Nice eight pack by the way". She showed me her tongue like a little kid and turned around again. At that gesture I laughed. "Are you always that happy?", I asked. Not turning around this time, Saira answered:"Most time, yes. You should smile often too, because that really looks good on you." "Do you have a boyfriend?", I asked spontaneously and wished I didn't ask that. "No, I don't.", she smiled. I guess she was really happy about not having a man in her life. "How about you? I bet you have one", she smirked,"and had many behind." I laughed at that and told her that I had but was happy to be alone now. "Forever alone", she teased.
"I think it's curious. You have everything a woman wants or needs to have. And also men want. Why didn't someone ask you out yet?", I asked. "Well I've already been asked out many times but I always declined. I have a lot to do. I don't have time to look for a guy nor do I want to. I mean...I'm just 19. I have my whole life to look for someone.", she grinned,"but you're pretty old, you should find a wife for yourself, old man." We both laughed at this.
As she said...forever alone.

___________________________

Please review :)