Chapter 61: A family dinner

Iroh's P.O.V

I was shocked when I saw my brother's fiancée. She looked very similar to Saira. Even her name was similar to hers. I wonder if they were separated twins or siblings. Their only differences were their hair colour and style, eye colour, behaviour and voice. Saira had dimples while my brother's future wife didn't but on the other hand, his fiancée had freckles while my wife hadn't. So Saira was still the most beautiful woman in world, also in my world. But if someone looked at them, they would think that they were sisters. Saira was in her third month of pregnancy and on peak of her beauty. I was delighted when she told me the happy news but I also hated it to see her like that. Although Saira was smiling and looked happy I knew she was going through hell. Her sickness got worse with every child she was carrying.

"Did you see Korra?", Saira said, placing her hand on my thigh, giving me a questioning look.

"Yes I did.", I answered, looking back to the road. She let out a sigh and removed her hand. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Saira rolling her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me.", I said with gritted teeth.

Our marriage was well...very tensed at the moment. Saira and I had a fight short time ago. And I guess that it was not the end of it. Neither from her side nor from mine. We were arguing whether we should leave the Fire Palace or not. Since I didn't want our children to get affected by our fights, I gave in. I accepted her request but only if Lu Ten and Medora would live with us.

"I'm sorry darling.", she said with a forced smile, "I have forgotten again."

When we reached at the Roku Palace, a car was standing in front of it. It was my parents'. I could see the tension on my wife's face. She was not in the mood to meet anyone, especially not my parents.

"They should have called, I would have prepared something.", Saira sighed and got out of the vehicle.

As I opened the door, Zuko ran towards me:"Gan Gan! Gaddy! Daddy is here!"

I span my son around and put him back on his little feet

"Daddy I want to show you something!"

I looked at Saira curiously and she just smiled, whispering:"You will love it."

"Okay little dragon. Show me your surprise."

Zuko nodded and pulled me down, so I could look into his eyes directly. He then stretched out his little hand. Suddenly a flame appeared on his small palm and my eyes widened.

"Okay that's enough honey. Let it disappear."

"Yes mommy! Do you like it daddy?"

"I love it little dragon. I'm so proud of you.", I kissed his forehead.

"Can I play now?"

"Yes you can honey.", Saira said and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you mommy! Thank you daddy! Bye Gan Gan! Bye Gaddy!", he pecked everyone's cheek and disappeared.

"How long do you know that he's a firebender?"

"It's been almost one month. I didn't want to tell you anything since I thought it would be a nice surprise darling."

"Well it is, my love."

My father suddenly cleared his throat and looked at my brother's fiancée. I just shrugged gestured him to ask Lu Ten himself.

Speaking of the devil, my brother rushed downstairs and dragged everyone to the living room, leaving Saira and me alone.
She then wrapped her arms around my neck and placed her lips on mine. It seemed as if all the tension was gone. Her arms wandered to my chest and she pulled me away slightly to take breath:"I don't want this fight Iroh."