Chapter 40: Forgiveness

Saira's P.O.V

It's been a half year now, since Iroh and I broke up and I was feeling better than ever. I didn't know if it was because I didn't have much time to think about Iroh or just because I let go of him. Even then devils who were following every step of mine harassed me less. Either they really let me be or it was because I ignored them and started my life afresh. I didn't care which of these options were true I was just happy how my life was going on.

During this time I met a lot of new people and made friends with some of them. Next month the dragonboat race was going to take place, which I planned to participate because it was a charity event and every penny would go to children hospices.
Rin adviced me not participate in it with my team because it had an ugly past and present. But I didn't care. I was always ready to give people second chances.

So I changed to go to training with them.
When I reached, the team was already ready.
I got on the boat when the others were seated in it. My task was to coordinate them. During the training, something else caught my attention.

It was Iroh, calling my name.

Iroh's P.O.V

When I came back from the mission, I decided to visit Saira. I stood in front of her door but she just didn't open it. So I went home and tried to call her. She didn't answer. Then I called Rin, I was sure she would know where Saira was, since she was her best friend.

"Hello?"

"It's me Rin."

"Oh hey Iroh how are you? I didn't know that you were back. Can I help you?"

"Do you know if Saira is okay?"

"Saira? Oh she's doing great Iroh. You know since she was in hospital, everything kinda changed."

"She was in hospital?"

"Yes but she is doing great now, no need to worry."

"Do you know where she is?"

"She at the Yue Bay now to train with her team."

"Team? Which team?"

"She's participating in the dragonboat race."

"Why so disappointed?"

Then Rin told me the reason why she didn't like her teammates. And I didn't like them either.
So I decided to visit Saira.
I immediately stepped into my car and drove to Yue Bay.
There, Saira was focused on training with her team.

I called her name but either she ignored me or she just didn't hear me.
Once again I called for her and she finally gave me her attention. She asked her team to stop.

"What?"

"We need to talk!"

"As you can see, I'm very busy, Iroh!"

"If you don't come here, I will come over to you!"

She stared at me for a moment and then she something, I didn't expect.
She jumped into the water and swam to me.

"Are you waiting for an invitation or what? Help me out of here!"

I took her hand and fished her out of the water.

"How may I help you General?"

"It's Iroh."

"Fine, Iroh."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great, thank you."

"I heard you were in hospital."

"That was six months ago, Iroh. I'm completely fine now. Now, how may I help you?"

"I want you to stop this nonsense."

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

"You know very well what I'm talking about. I don't want my girlfriend to have any contact with prostitutes."

Saira laughed sarcastically.

"I'm not your girlfriend Iroh. As far as I can remember, you broke up with me."

I took a deep breath because I knew that it was my biggest mistake to break up with Saira.

"I know that I have made a mistake, Saira. But let us forget the past few months and continue at where we stopped."

"I am not a toy, Iroh. You can't play with me and then push me away when you are fed up with me. I told you that from the beginning on.
You destroyed my life! What ensures me, that you don't leave me again?"

"One day, I'm going to propose to you. I'm going to marry you, I promise. But not now. Because everything is just too complicated. But my mind was cleared and I knew that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Saira. Because I know that you are the one, I want to lead the Fire Nation with. You are the one who will be the perfect mother of my children. You are the one who changed my life."

Saira put one hand on my cheek.

"I never asked you to hurry into anything Iroh. We both are still young and there is no need to rush into anything."

I didn't wait for anything, I didn't want to say anything. I just pressed my lips on hers and put my hand on her waist, just the way she liked it.
Saira wrapped her arm around my neck and deepened the kiss

"I hope you are aware that we are in public Iroh.", she mumbled.

"Yes I am very well aware of that. There's no need to hide. You have to get used to them by the way."

"I already got used to the devils, Iroh."

"Oh yes,  I have forgotten your nights in clubs, partying without me."

"So the news reached you, huh?"

"Are you kidding me? Your pictures were everywhere."

"Oups."

"I still have a request."

"That would be?"

"I don't want you to participate in this race."

"Iroh. This race is very important."

"Saira. You are the future Fire Lady. I can't let you do that."

Saira was about to say something, but she got interrupted.

"It's okay Saira. We understand that. Thank you so much for helping us.", the ladies behind her said.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay Saira. Really."

Saira gave each of them a hug an we left. I gave her my jacket because she was freezing.
Suddenly, I saw smoke in the air. Something was burning outside there.

"What is that?"

"A deja vu."